CGC pickups

Yeah that one is on the outside, I’ll order some of that tonight. Any special way to use it?

I just use a little dab on a microfiber towel; gently rub, and after a minute or 2 of light rubbing it does completely come off (I have found)

2 Likes

I think that the recent negative publicity has provoked many more people to ‘buy the book, not the grade’. I know that statement has been ubiquitous for a long time, but all of the horror stories have driven previously relaxed buyers into paying much more attention to what they are getting. I estimate I have had issues with about 5% of the books I have submitted - which is not terrible, but not great either.

Most have been resolvable through reslabbing, with only one item permanently damaged.

That’s… that’s just not good, though. Like the warning about sending GSX #1s in. It shouldn’t happen.

3 Likes

Ive almost forgotten about the newton rings with all the scuffs I’ve gotten the last few submissions…

1 Like

Cant say people haven’t been warned about that book and CGC…

2 Likes

6 Likes

If there is any color break during a harvest moon, while 6/10 of CGC employees are able to see Gary the CGC chicken’s shadow, then that equals a 9.4 + 1.8 -1.4, but not a 9.8. It’s simple.

2 Likes

Their grading consistency needs to improve. I have FF#1 Newsstand CGC 9.2 that has dozens of color breaking spine tics. Others look flawless with the same or lower grade.

1 Like

Oh, see that got a .2 deduction because Debbie brought carnitas tacos on that particular Taco Tuesday. Graders named Mortecai, incidentally, were allowed to add .2 during that same Taco Tuesday.

See? Simple.

1 Like

If you’re to specific they’ll know you have a spy working there.

OOOOH! You’re referring to corporate espionage Fridays! That’s where the caught spies get to decide ALL the grades without looking at the books!

1 Like

I slip $5 bills in each comic that says " 9.8 plz :slight_smile: "

1 Like

The only 3 already slabbed books I paid over $50 for that I picked up this year. Finally got the UF4 to round out the display

4 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hey Alana, I noticed that is a 4.0 and you have recommended picking up first ghost rider 4.0 a few weeks ago. Any coincidence in the 4.0 on older books? Better upside once they get hot? I’m curious since you really know a lot about comic collecting.

you made me pull the trigger on a5.5 today … been waiting to get a better grade cheap, but that time is up after watching the 1st episode. Porbably won’t come down for a while

1 Like

Dang it…I just sold my 6.0 a few months back I had bought to flip…its a cool comic nonetheless!

1 Like