Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

its a fan film

1 Like

I disagree. The hip hop covers were homages, so they we’re more than just a cool cover.

Although I like the message, and art, I see no real spec value other than IM17, and that’s only because of the printing issues coupled with the characters being heavily spec’d on in recent years.

Grab’em cause you like’em. But temper expectations. My advice.

2 Likes

The Avengers 53 Miles cover was good too !

SW High Republic Adventures 2 slowly creeping up. Now $15 consistently.

4 Likes

#1 cheap copies were gone on eBay last I looked. Shouldn’t be far behind.

1 Like

14 copies of HRA #1 available still at www.captcancomics.ca for 8$ CAD if anyone is interested

1 Like

not much of a price increase in the 1:10 yet, there is also a comicspo virgin variant but none have been listed on ebay for a while

1 Like

Which high republic adventures book had the yoda cover as the 1:10? I sold that forever ago for like $30

1 Like

Yeah. ComicsPro had essentially the same cover. Just virgin

Shouldn’t been so fixated on being a “DC Collector”, missed out on so many keys especially MARVEL. Damn… least didn’t miss out on BMWL and Vengeance of Bane, but nothing can match any of the NEXT GEN SPIDER characters. Least I picked up 2 x DareDevil 168 CGC 9.4. Anyway, that was my rant and my fix for the day. Couldn’t afford a real therapist. So thank you guys. Need a way to make myself feel better bout missing the MARVEL gravy train…

@_@ …

2 Likes

By the way, when did this thread turned into a STAR WAR / MARVEL thread. Guess, its flavor of the week. I wonder what this thread look like in 1-3 year? (Maybe more STAR WAR / MARVEL comics) lol.

1 Like

My buying habits have definitely changed in the last 2 years as the spec market and market in general have moved. I went from 50/50 Marvel/DC split to 50/30/20 Marvel/Indie/DC split.

1 Like

Is there anything else spec worthy at the moment? Modern comic wise?

6 Likes

Star Wars collectors only group of comic collectors I know of that pay $500 for a book available for cover. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Show me DC books heating up and we can talk about them. DC has made so many new characters in the last two years, and 99% of them have not amounted to anything hot. And the 1% either cool off quickly or just never reach Marvel levels. Sorry, but DC sucks. I almost was going to make another thread to discuss what DC needs to do to become fresh and exciting again, but DC is so boring I couldn’t even get the interest to make the thread. The biggest heat they could generate last year was making characters have different sexual preferences. That pales in comparison to creating new, interesting characters with potential longevity. The other DC card last year was, “oh look, so and so has a long list sibling!”. They went to that well a bunch of times too. Marvel is where it’s at, with some Indie books. I can’t see the pendulum swinging DC’s way anytime soon. But it will eventually. Change is inevitable.

7 Likes

It was the exact opposite 10-12 years ago DC was the hot thing with the New 52, Mortal Kombat vs DC, and Christian Bale Batman. DC silver age keys and the few affordable gold age keys during this time went higher than Marvel books. A low grade Braniac would sell for the same as a low grade AF15. Things like Ultimate Fallout 4 were worthless the 1:25 variant was $20 meanwhile Batman new anything was $50. It wasn’t until the start of the MCU did the tide start to change and it could swing easily swing back. Peacemaker is widely liked, the last suicide squad movie was good, Snyder cut was good enough, as long as they can keep the ship in the right direction the tide could turn. Then all these people that wouldn’t touch DC will be scrambling and fomoing and pushing prices up to get their copies.

8 Likes

Yeah, DC prices are ridiculously low across all eras. Sure Action 1 and Tec 27 won’t go anywhere but up, but DC has failed, for the most part, to capture the public’s interest and imagination. This is reflected by the price people are willing to pay for back issues.

Anything silver age/Bronze age Batman LOL. After all, it seems like that the only thing DC can do. DC publishing should just be named “Batman & Others”. Heard from somewhere, that DC is currently publishing bout 60% Batman while costing a dollar more for Cardstock book. With everything that is being spec on being MARVEL, this spec site should be sponsored by MARVEL comics lol.

Outside of Walking Dead, Something is Killing Children, Invincible, anything else being spec worthy for INDY?

lol miss those days, I remember those early NEW 52 issue actually worth something till they had to re-number it and killed it with rebirth. For the early part of the NEW 52, I really enjoyed it. Later on, most of the series blew even Batman and the Bloom arc…

Yeah, when all the existing exec done milking them or get fired… yes its matter of time…