Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Agree with Shazam. Suicide Squad was meh. Harley Quinn movie sucked. All IMO. The CW DC TV shows are better than their movies - Stargirl good and Naomi is promising.

Agree with Aquaman being good. Hopefully they take some time to develop his role as king, rather than throw him in to it. They also need to get away from Black Manta; maybe confront the Trench.

CW DC tvs are only good in first few seasons. Lol

1 Like

Two copies of UF4 (1st print) 9.8 have sold today $3700 and $3750.
Highest prices for 2022.

The 2nd print prices seem stuck between $400-700ish for both covers.
Will people start nibbling on those cause getting priced out of the 1st print?

2nd prints will be pumped by influencers as the “Next Miles”? :man_shrugging: :rofl:

Also I wonder how many copies are being sent off to CGC signing with Bendis. :thinking:
Gonna be lots of signed copies hitting Ebay one would think.

1 Like

The facsimile coming out hurt the momentum the 2nd print was gaining previous to the facsimile being announced.

4 Likes

I think you spot on with that observation!

Also people paying big money for facsimiles thinking they are 1st prints has not been good for the hobby. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Holding out hope for Stargirl.

Love that show, in my opinion its better than all of the D+ Marvel shows but its also made for a younger audience so it might not be appealing to as many people

1 Like

One thing that drives me nuts about the marvel shows is their whole “save the villain for the second to last episode as a big reveal then bam its over”. I end up feeling like these shows end up rushing through because of the limited episodes and things get resolved too fast. I’d rather them introduce the villain or villains much earlier and build them up for the seasons length or at least use more episodes. Loki annoyed the crap out of me because it leads to a 40 minute exposition dump and then Marvel is like “LOL see ya in season 2”

3 Likes

If you find one in the wild for cheap…easily sold at $129.99.

I could see a Stan Lee sigs being a big deal. But Bendis? I get why, but Come on.

Signed comics are damaged comics.

4 Likes

Then why do sports cards come signed in the packs if they’re damaged?

1 Like

Not sure, but I don’t understand a lot of the craziness surrounding cards.

I’m not saying comics with signatures are worthless, but technically comics with someone a writing on them are graded as damaged by grading companies. But you get a “pass” if you have someone of their choosing watch someone damage your comic. :smile:

It is what it is….a racket!!

1 Like

The manufacturer is selling them as a signed product, so that’s their original condition when initially sold/released. When you get something signed that is not part of it’s original condition, then you are damaging or altering the original intended condition.

#1 isnt coming out for another 3 months. This is pure FOMO… smh

2 Likes

People will buy anything these days. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Correction… people will overspend on most things these days! :wink:

3 Likes

nice i paid 5 for my copy on ebay 2-3 days ago

lol can’t help but laugh at this, looks like a disheveled tele-tubby.

3 Likes

people really aiming high