Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Harley Quinn #24

2 Likes

Jonboy Meyers’ version of Harley Who Laughs (#26) looks closest to Lolli’s version. Looks like Mattina either made a new Harley or his version of Harley Who Laughs (The Batman Who Laughs #7 and Harley Quinn #25)… and Meyers drew it on shards for Harley Quinn #25. Seems convoluted…I’ll probably get #26 by Meyers unless there are 500 exclusives.

For resale value, #24a will likely be the best open order book

And how has the Batwoman Who Laughs worked out? Remember that one from a year or so ago? I don’t need anymore People Who Laugh just like I don’t need any more color changed Goblins, lol.

But I can always use more cowbell

6 Likes

No don’t! Your gonna summon @agentpoyo and his memes!

1 Like

HQ could work out much better. Nobody expected this and it’s not heavily ordered

Sneaking it in on the last panel will help this book maintain some value.

too late… I have been summoned…

download

7 Likes

Tfaw is sold out of cvr a. It’s also on back order at distributor level. Always good signs

1 Like

I’m excited for the Batman Who Laughs Who No Longer Laughs.

4 Likes

Midtown is also sold out. I picked up 3 copies of cover A on eBay though. Going quick there too.

1 Like

They already have him: Batman

Amazing #14 limited to 3 at midtown and sold out at tfaw for the non design McGuinness cvr

I think she is being saved for later TBH

1 Like

The Batman Who At One Pointed Laughed, But Currently Isn’t Laughing, But May Laugh Again At Some Point.

2 Likes

I’m laughing at all this.

Must be a pretty slow week if this is what’s selling out.

It’s been a pretty slow year, tbh.

4 Likes

The Speculator Who Laughs…lol.

2 Likes

Your comment made me think what was the biggest book of the year, so I made a thread for us all to debate in.

3 Likes

I think it’s been a pretty good year for modern spec imo. I sold a ton of Batman/Fortnite, Eight Billion Genies (lots of #1s as well as subsequent issues), Walmart RWBY 7. I found about 8 packs of the Walmart RWBY 7s and sold the copy for $50 a pop (thanks to people posting pics here).

Also found a bunch of Hulk 256 sitting in bins when the news got announced. Found them at my shop for $4 and sold copies at $90 shipped. I’m not a big time seller just a guy who finds things at my shop and then flip them. Just from those alone was enough to cover all my comic book spending for the year and then some.

EDIT: forgot about Black Panther 3 :joy:

1 Like

Just hold out for the Batman to sobs…or the Batman who shrugs and sighs too much…or The Batman who ironically looks into the camera like he’s on the Office.

1 Like