Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Very nice! I’ve been holding those as it’s one of my current favorite comics. Bought a 9.8 first print of first issue for $75. Also pick up as many of issue five first prints as I can.

1 Like

I just doubled the price for the 7 I had listed as BIN. I’ll let the other people take the cheap sales.

We Live #1 on eBay

HOLY CRAP guys, I didn’t know We Live #1 was already a $50 comic. I just bought a set 1-5 first print from my LCS for cover price as my guy was nice enough to get it for me. I knew #5 was doing something something and saw it on the shelf. Ask my guy if he had 1-4 as well and was pleasantly surprised he did. All were perfect 9.8 copies. He knew #1 was moving in price but because it was me and we have a good relationship he gave it all to me for cover.

Anyways, read the series and LOVED IT! Can’t wait for the series to come back. When the series does come back we will see another spike for this book. We could have another SIKTC here, very low print run and is just moving from good word of mouth, organic growth and absolutely gorgeous artwork.

3 Likes

Somebody was pumping it a few days ago…

And no, I dont believe it’s a $50 book.

I’m going to disagree here. Fantastic story with amazing artwork. If they hit the second arc on the head then it could really go somewhere, especially in today’s world. Kids getting arms cut off and crazy monsters…come on, perfect stuff! I only buy up issues 1 or 5 when I see them, and have a 9.8, and the 1:10 (15?) ratio variant of issue 1. Lets see what happens! I’m excited to read it nonetheless.

4 Likes

Smh…

Typical pumper. Pumping it with adjectives and fake praise. You read like an Ebay listing…

2 Likes

Read it how you want, and I don’t have any sort of ‘influence’ to pump a comic. However, I do get excited when others like the same comic that I do, or one that is selling very well. That’s why we are all here right? Nothing fake about my praise, however I do read like an ebay listing :wink:

4 Likes

Does it have potential? Sure. But only one listing sold at $50 so far for the first print. The previous was an auction that ended at $37 with 25 or so bids. Prior to that the next oldest first print sold listing was around $20.

I do like organic heat based on must good story and artwork over the usual “media option”, etc.

4 Likes

I sold 2 copies for $15 each a few weeks ago that I got for cover price

I enjoyed reading We Live. I only have 2nd & 3rd prints of issue #1. Missed 1st.

Ever since We Live #5 came out the entire series got elevated a bit. I bought as much as I could find of 1-5 at cover price the day #5 got heat

Yeah I’m regretting flipping all of my first issues. I should have kept two, but I was a noob when it came out. Still a noob, just not as much so now…

1 Like

When We Live first came out I saw a stack of #1s on the shelf at a shop. At that time it was already fetching for $15. Didn’t know anything about it. Should’ve just picked it up to see what it was about. I liked the art and the premise enough, didn’t know why I didn’t. After reading the first arc, I’m really gutted that I just didn’t pick up the entire stack at cover price FML.

1 Like

Sounds like you all should pay more attention to my FOC and Picks… :wink:

6 Likes

Haha, that’s why I picked up the book! But I flipped them all like a moron…shoulda coulda woulda…live and learn!

Its a fantastic read and the music adds to it, each issue could have really been stretched out into numerous issues. I found the ratio for $20 not long ago, only ordered 4 ratio copies and regret not buying every copy available for that price as they had plenty more.

I picked up a 9.8 #1 1:10 variant a while ago for a steal (I stole it)

A couple of more sales within the last few hours. x2 copies for $80 and a CGC 9.8 for $150. Which one of you here just bought these? :laughing:

Wasn’t this guy, but sweet!

The We Live: Igor Lomov 2nd print Variant looks pretty cool, certainly better than the Comic Mint variant. It Last sold $50. Seems crazy that the normal cover last sold for more than the 1:15 ratio just a few days ago.