Oh That KCC…

He used to credit people but I guess it became a pain.

Maybe so but people I think would still pay for the service. Look at the amount of people who paid to watch Black Widow and Shang Chi at the theaters or on Disney+ (paid extra to watch, not included with subscription)… yet here I am waiting a few months and not paying to watch them (which I still need to watch Black Widow).

1 Like

I would think the Ebay links commission would be the major driver of revenue and not the monthly subscription fees. Based on CHU Ebay revenue what are your thoughts?

1 Like

Ebay affiliate revenue is pitiful compared to other affiliate advertisers.

Could the difference be in the typical $ purchase of CHU vs Key Collector if youare retaining only a small %? Many of CHU links are to new books below $10; KC has been promoting more silver age keys that are typically 4 or 5 figures.

You would need to promote old keys to make good money on ebay’s affiliate rates. Either that or consistently get sales at great scale.

For reference:

Ebay pays 3% on comic sales
TFAW pays 14%
Entertainment Earth pays 8-9%
Depending on the categories you’re advertising on Amazon: 3%^

The spec deck has typically been low cost books, this is an example of a recent one.

I think the key to eBay affiliate revenue is you have to consistently pump out links because they have really short cookie windows. I think the cookie once a link is clicked is only 24 hours. Most affiliates have 30+ day cookies.

Yeah that definitely factors in as well. It’s hard to get a commission on somebody buying a $3,000 Fantastic Four 48 unless they click and buy right then. So, you need somebody who is right at the end of deliberating whether or not to buy that key. That’s a big purchase for most, so most clicks are not going to result in an impulse buy like that.

Yup. I’d imagine most on the bigger ticket items if they click a link put some on their watch list before they pull the trigger, normally well after the cookie expiration.

The only other time you can get around the 24 hour cookie referral link is if they click on it, it’s an auction and they actually put a bid on the item. You get the referral credit up to 10 days (which is the longest running auction they do currently), but only if they win the item of course and actually pay.

We’ve spent a lot of time reading and looking over affiliates to try and maximize revenue to pay the bills here. I know way too much I think in how they all work now… :wink:

This is actually the most interesting topic in this thread in weeks.

You need to tell us all how to create an affiliate link before we buy something online so CHU gets a kickback credit for all our purchases!!

2 Likes

When KC does an alert typically ebay is wiped out in less than 5 minutes. I would guess a very high % were accessed thru the app so commission eligible.

We may be seeing some of the reason KC is alert happy, high % of sales from alerts are done within the commission window while people may think about big purchases for over 24 hours.

3 Likes

Have to have login access to generate one.

That or just find a link to the chosen platform here and then navigate to what you are going to buy @D-Rog

legal jargon in the app today, one heck of a coincidence.

2 Likes

They better put such legal jargon since people pay for a service. They could be held reliable for providing “speculation” for investment purposes and someone could get sue happy when they go and buy stuff and lose money! :wink:

2 Likes

I doubt it I’ve been holding these Aleister Arcanes for years which is suppose to have Jim Carey in the lead role.

KCC acting like a little ■■■■■, trying to cover his ass.

I recall the early emails they’d send out, asking if you plan to buy something on eBay, click their links first to help support KCC. This is a huge NO according to eBay’s Affiliate policies. You’re not suppose to tell people to click your affiliate links to help support you directly… I’m surprised they didn’t lose their affiliate then with eBay as I’ve noticed they stopped doing that, maybe they got a warning or something.

eBay police their linking policies stronger than just about anybody out there. Maybe Amazon is stricter. eBay scheduled a call with me to discuss my linking practices and guide me away from policy violations.

Amazon just closed my first affiliate account for violating a strange rule. I just re applied and didn’t make the same mistake again.