Oh That KCC…

While there is a crazy amount to make in 9.8s right now I feel like these are pretty risky considering turnaround times are absolutely random and you could be waiting however many months to get them back, and the books themselves aren’t guaranteed to get 9.8s anyways

Literally watching KCC update their “Keys of the Week” as the spoilers are going out. People can defend them all they want but cannot deny the spoilers go up and they immediately change their keys of the week with the info I worked hard to get.
This week they did:

Black Panther
Robin (which wasn’t a key of the week before)
Death of Doctor Strange

They need to source their Info. People pay them for the info we give out for free. Sad.

11 Likes

AND if the supply of 9.8 increases prices decreases

1 Like

They sent out alerts for concept art and credited some people who found it on IG so they can credit people :man_shrugging:

Post spoilers in the secret areas earlier in the day, then on main site on Wendesday?

1 Like

They are NEVER going to source CHU when you’re just reporting on books that they have in their hands. Sorry, man, you’re going to die on this hill.

They don’t have them in their hands man. We see it week after week that as soon as the spoilers go up, not before but after, they change their keys. You can defend them all you want but you can clearly see a pattern week after week. If they had Robin in their hands why was it not a key of the week until five minutes after I posted the spoilers. Then it was a key giving out the exact info we just posted.

8 Likes

And same thing with Black panther. No reference of the new character until after the spoiler was posted. All they mentioned was the solicitation.

4 Likes

Death of Doctor Strange only mentioned first cover of Three Mother’s before I posted the spoilers. After it mentions the three Mother’s child. Again. All info posted minutes after I posted the spoilers. Not before but minutes after so I don’t care if I “die on the hill” just want it to be known, and it’s not just me that says it, a ton of people on Instagram talk about it too, that he takes stuff from other people that gladly pay him a $1.99 a month, for stuff they are talking about without him ever referencing them.

5 Likes

We are going to start the retirement of the open forum. Make sure to sign up for the CHU Forumso you don’t miss out on the conversation. The forum will be integrated into the messages at the bottom of each post, so you can get a head start by signing up.”

So the forums have been in a state of pending retirement for over a year. Perhaps it is time to move spoilers to the forums? You can’t view threads without logging in, correct?

Or maybe you can make them password protected on the regular site for 12 hours.

Or take screen shots before and after posting spoilers and confront him with the evidence.

Need to force something, otherwise the behavior will continue.

1 Like

No, you can be a guest and see the posts. You do not have to log in. I do not mind people seeing the spoilers, in fact, I want people to see the spoilers. My problem is when an app is charging money to their users for info they are straight up taking from other sites. Me and two others were sitting watching the app change right after the spoilers went up. We have screen shots and all. I mean let’s be honest, they do not want to credit other sites for the info because they do not want their readers to know they are paying for info others are giving away for free. Now, I do use the app to look up books real quick, but I stopped paying a long time ago as I was seeing stuff we were posting as their info. Key example was when I talked to Rodney Barnes that Kiladelphia was being optioned originally they credited the info to me, then took the credit away, and then put “as reported on…” whatever date they were able to confirm it from a secondary source. It has happened too many times. Not to mention when they started to use the “informed speculation” tag line which we have used for over 8 years. I mean come on…

5 Likes

Here you go. Before spoilers

And after

Was not a “key of the week” until after the spoilers was posted so no photo to show as a before

And another one. Before all it said was “First Cover Appearance of Three Mother’s” and after the spoilers……

3 Likes

I’m not going to comment about whether they’re using your spoilers or not. Who knows?

What I do want to point out though is that KCC is a data aggregator. I subscribe for the minuscule $1.99 a month so I don’t have to sit in front of my computer googling for various news 24/7.

1 Like

So I ca just start posting stuff from Key and say, no I had the info already? Start just posting their alerts with no credit to them. Sounds fair.

4 Likes

Many people here do post their alerts already. I don’t think you guys compete with each other at all. You have and will continue to coexist.

I have no problems coexisting. I just hate posting a spoiler and seeing them update their listing 5 minutes later with the info we just put up without giving credit to those who do the work. If I use a source I credit that source.

5 Likes

You do you. But, personally, I’d let it be. Like I said, I’m a subscriber to KCC and I still hit the refresh button on your wonderful forums a 100 times a day.

And I thank you for that Venom.

I guess the big frustration is I drive out every Tuesday spending gas money to go through every book to secure the spoilers. Take the photos. Edit them. Take the time to post them. All of which is time away from my family. Just to turn around for Key, who is charging subscribers $1.99 a month to just look at my site and go, ok their is a first appearance here. Time to change our listing.

6 Likes

Only categories that require higher trust levels. We can create categories that require only logged in users to view.

2 Likes

And most credit the source.

Also consider that the forums give all who choose a platform and voice to share information they know, obtain from other sites or sources. We cannot manage or control what is shared so we do encourage others to give credit where due in such process.

1 Like