Retailer incentives heating up

Giant Size Black Cat #1 1:100 variant seems to be selling. 4 copies sold yesterday. Anyone know why ??

Its just a cool virgin but don’t really see any longterm spec with it. The cover was revealed forever ago and also bad a bunch of store exclusives attached to it

1 Like

I rarely buy a variant over ratio but I found a Crimson Reign #1 1:50 for $70 after shipping, tax included. With how hot Star wars is now I couldn’t pass it up. Like Stan said all the first appearances might die off next issue. That would be hilarious!

The thing is that none of Soule’s original Star Wars characters have died off yet. Avar Kriss, Chanath Cha, Papa Torin, on and on. (Ok maybe those panthers from Lando, but the point stands he’s not known for killing off characters en masse).

He hasn’t been in the habit of killing them off yet.

Now, if Cavan Scott were writing Crimson Reign, I’d be worried. That guy writes with a pen in his right hand and a hatchet in his left.

6 Likes

I’ve never heard this phrase but I like it.

I must have this

7 Likes

I really hope TFAW ships my pre order. Track record with them the last year has been> I either get damaged ratios and it takes weeks for a refund and I miss out and have to over pay, or cancelled and never sent on Hot/Spec ratios from TFAW…

It’s coming down to take a chance with TFAWS good $prices$ on ratios to the damage/never sent and or cancelled weeks later. Or to pay more from another store and get one… Never had a problem getting a 9.2 or better from BEEDAS when I pre order ratios?. TFAW, well it’s been a mess for a year now and BEEDAS for ratios with 30% off cover>

1:5 pre order x2 books
1:10 pre order x5 books
1:25 pre order x12 books
1:50 pre order x25 books
1:100 pre order x50 books
1:200 pre order x100 books

1 Like

I totally agree and I’m probably going to regret not getting one. Cheapest on eBay is $75+s/h and I’m not sure I want to spend that much for a 5-part series and it being Christmas time.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m going to regret not getting one. Ah well, there’s some great Star Wars comics I can buy in that price range when I do decide to spend that much.

Good luck and I hope you secure one at a great price!

1 Like

TFAW claims I got one of these yesterday. If that’s the case, I’ll hook someone from the forum up unless the book just goes crazy. I mean I won’t see it until a month after it releases, so I’m sure the heat will be gone by then. haha.

Revisiting this one in the proper thread… Catwoman 39 1:25. Sozomaika might blow up if she’s going to put covers out like this. Seems like her first incentive and first big two cover. My lord, can she draw women, wow.

I strongly suggest checking out her Instagram
Sozomaika

Also, rumors of a 1st app, which means so little with DC I can’t even put it into words, but it’s still making this move. This one may have all the elements to pop and stay hot. $80-90 on ebay with only 2 listings left. I found one at Comic Kingdom for $50 shipped, and there are a few more out there around $50 if anyone wants to snag one for themselves.

1 Like

Only if your only intention is to flip. If you love the DC universe and collect what you love, it means a lot.

2 Likes

No, it means little, but makes people pay more, which is why I’m letting people know where to get it cheaper. You know, in case they love the DC Universe and want to collect this particular book while not paying $100+ for it.

And yes, my only intention is to flip. I love awesome covers and artists and have many books displayed, but if it’s in a box, it’s for sale. If I’m buying it, I’m hoping to flip it later. Without lowlifes like me, there wouldn’t be so many extra copies of cover A for everyone to read as we chase incentives. I’m glad to be of service.

Was $17.50 on tfaw

1 Like

Not saying you’re a lowlife, just saying that if one collects what one loves, one will never get burned.

3 Likes

It doesn’t stand out to me from all the other similar artists. It’s nice for sure though.

2 Likes

Limited presales on Ebay. Thats why the price is high…they own the market until the flood comes on release day.

You know this. Stop creating FOMO.

2 Likes

I stopped spec’ing on Catwoman glossy realistic cover issues… the art can be fantastic but they’re a dime a dozen (done and done over numerous times) and judging from history, they don’t stay hot long (if they do see any heat).

5 Likes

Adam Hughes catwoman were probably the best catwoman covers ever. Love my copy of Catwoman 51

4 Likes

It is a pretty fantastic cover. I don’t think my shops even order 25 issues of Catwoman, though.

1 Like

Can’t remember if this was mentioned in here but this is such an awesome cover.