Cbcs

I should’ve stated that he went on a rant on cbcs on his video, not directly at the girl answering the phone. The terrible experience was an indictment of CBCS as a company that he wanted to share on his video than it was about the girl who answered the phone.

Econ for Comics was very pro CBCS prior to this because he wanted to get away from CGC with all their price increases and horrible company practices. He interviewed the ceo of CBCS for his channel and really wanted to give them a try. CBCS really crapped the bed.

1 Like

Ah, that’s much better.

Hiring a 3rd party service from Asia; to deal with customer service situations/questions/problems that are North America based is as dumb as it gets.
It can be done with an intricate IT tool-based infrastructure, but I assure you that CBCS does not have that. They can’t even get their Dashboards correct.

Again, Mickey Mouse Club #1 as I stated earlier

1 Like

It’s the American way, cause Americans are too good for these low paying jobs… :wink:

1 Like

Funny thing - the company i’m working for puts the highest and utmost importance on customer service and shows it via salary when equated to other divisions.

I’m actually taking a 1 week course on Enterprise business solutions and part of the course material is how companies undercut and put such a low priority (and salary) on customer service.

For a company that has exactly 1 product (CBCS) - it’s quite pathetic how inconsequential they value C.S. Enough so to go to 1-800-InstantCS for their needs. :roll_eyes:

You just can’t do that when you manufacture a product to thousands upon thousands of customers.

2 Likes

Oh, I couldn’t agree more. If I ran a company that sold services that required customer service, I would make sure to invest heavily into customer service.

I’ve worked my fair share of customer service jobs long ago, I know exactly how important it is to a company.

1 Like

One could also argue if you’re customer service is bombarded with calls, complaints and such, then you’re not also focusing on the quality of your actual product itself as well. Fix your product and you won’t drown your customer service reps with bullshit…

2 Likes

Create a superior product and quality control, then you don’t have to invest heavily into handling the massive amounts of customer service requests… :wink:

If I was selling a product and was making profit and my customer service sat around bored, then I’d know then I’m doing it right from the get go. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly!
They’re not as bad as the other guys though with delivered quality.
I swear I have more “Manufacturing Errors” on my CGC dashboard than I do “Submissions”.
CGC Customer Service is great, but they are inundating their CS with “Manufacturing Errors” (broken cases, chipped cases, wrong labels, scratches on inside and outside of case).

Like I said - Mickey Mouse Club 1 (CBCS) and Mickey Mouse Club 2 (CGC)
Both are pathetic representations of a company - just differently

1 Like

Are they still taking a year to send your books back?

Uploading: 32CB8102-1C49-46D0-9911-9EE6271271D9.jpeg…

Uploading: A6F9056C-6E02-423A-8683-546B8C903B39.jpeg…

About 7-8 months for moderns/vintage. 2 years if you add pressing.

1 Like

2 years lol

1 Like

But 15% off (if you are in no hurry lol)

15% isn’t worth not having your books for 2 freakin’ years.

I’m not sure how these 2 companies could be more poorly managed, piss quality, incompetent, mishandled, inept and STILL survive. I suppose they both have made most of us so much $$$$ over the years, and that keeps them going strong. Because it’s certainly not anything else.

As heavily invested as I am in this B.S. game, secretly I wish someone else would come in and provide well run, consistency, and customer service at affordable rates and reasonable TATS and put these two clowns down for good. They just don’t belong and would surely fail in any other business line that actually has… y’know… like a shred of competition needed in order to survive.

Modern grading pricing and TATs

CGC = $24, 20 day Tat
CBCS = $20, 180 day tat

For CBCS express = $40, 15 day tat

Modern Pressing

CGC = $15, 20 day tat
Cbcs = $15, 480 day tat

For CBCS express plus = $65, 96 day tat

Press & grade
CGC = $39, 40 day tat
CBCS = $35, 660 day tat
Or pay $105 and get you tat down to 111 days.

So even paying triple CGC prices you’re still 3 times as long going to cbcs.

Moderns anyway. But older books aren’t much better.

Needless to say I’m not going to cbcs anytime soon.

15% off…what a joke.

1 Like

my submission from June 9, 2022 just entered the Shipping phase.
they still haven’t posted the grades online, though :roll_eyes:

From 90 months to 9 months… wow… I’m impressed. Simply amazing for a Modern with no pressing.
Of course if the bar were lower it’d had been sitting on the ground

1 Like

Do not look at those grades online. Let the books “cook” a little longer until they get to your door. Guaranteed to get a better grade.

:grin:

1 Like