CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

Still in plastic, unread, HTF :laughing:

Iā€™m gonna make sure all the polybagged books I sell are all labeled as ā€œunreadā€ :wink:

So I sent in some books and they were delivered Friday of last week. How long until cbcs marks them as received?

I can look it up but last time I think it took a few weeks.

Edit: they arrived on 12/31, I got the email they had been received on Jan 11th.

If this is real, itā€™s another HUGE black eye for CGC, with the 2021 UF4 facsimile being labeled as a 2011 first print. Photos are from the Facebook Marketplace listing.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15843/mislabeled-ultimate-fallout-4/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/389735345886832/

1 Like

Even if not real, we all know they are overburdened and simply churning out massive amounts of product like potatoes; with more regard to speed & expediency than quality. Who cares if some cow manure, dirt, and mis-grades gets into the final product. Weā€™ll never know about the micro-turds; until itā€™s obvious when thereā€™s a large turd on your plate right next to your potato.

Iā€™d love to be a fly on the all and see how long the expert grader spends on a Modern book. Iā€™d like to see how long their QC spends reviewing an issue. I donā€™t think anyone wants to know those answers. I guarantee itā€™s a lot less than we, the non-expert graders spend revieweing our own books.

Build the Pyramid Bernie Mado ā€¦ I mean Matt Nelson - people will $$$ come

1 Like

According the CGC verification thing that was graded as a facsimile version so that might be fake or they could have put the wrong label in.

1 Like

CGC was bought by Blackstone. Expect nothing but a definite shit product for sure nowā€¦ This was the same company going around buying up properties in Austin, TX, outbidding first time buyers who didnā€™t have the cash on hand, doing last minute bids on houses for 100k over asking price, then 2 weeks later putting the same house up for lease. I didnā€™t send my comics to CGC prior but I definitely not giving them a dime now.

2 Likes

Itā€™s gotta be a fake! If it truly were a CGC 9.8 there would still be a bunch of color rub on the back.

2 Likes

Label error or fake.

ORā€¦ā€¦CGC found out and modified their database description to cover their buttsā€¦:wink:

4 Likes
2 Likes

All 3 companies have significant issues & are incompetent in at least one major area.
All 3 would probably be out of business in a truly competetive environment.

So ā€¦ good luck to you John Dolymayan and Trust Grading.
I hope you provide a superior product with accurate grading, exceptional customer service & limited mistakes.
You certainly canā€™t do much worse in those areas than the other 3

2 Likes

Given Torpedoā€™s niche as a luxury type of comic dealer, I will be surprised if they bother to compete on price.

1 Like

Canā€™t be any worse than PGX, right?

I kid, I just like to be a stinker.

2 Likes

only interactions iā€™ve had with torpedo are seeing their ig live sales and personally think a lot of their prices are too high for books. but they run a successful comic shop with multiple locations and a lot of their books they grade themselves and have them on the back. so weā€™ll see how it goes

He could literally smear his poop on the slabs before packing up to ship and still stay pretty competitive compared to the othersā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

This is an odd one. For one, grades notes for a 9.8. But check out the notes.

Doesnā€™t read like a 9.8ā€¦

3 Likes

They just donā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  anymore, do they? I just got a 9.8 that has 3 color breaking spine tics.

1 Like

Not really. I sent back a book because it was mislabeled. Came back to me a month later with the same label. Sending back in again next week. I sent that book Modern Slow prescreen in April 2021. It will have been in their hands for basically a year. Iā€™ve only had a chance to visit it.

2 Likes

itā€™s harder and harder for me to understand why almost anyone still uses cgc. i say almost because iā€™m sure plenty of dealers with big accounts are probably treated just fine by them, but of course itā€™s the resale value that cgc still commands which is the main driver of continued loyalty. but when will it just not be enough to justify dealing with such a garbage company? iā€™ve only ever sold cbcs slabs and i dont recall any of the sales being priced much lower than cgc, if at all. and now cbcs sucks too.