CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

I can’t imagine someone at CGC would intentionally switch copies when both had defects for the exact same cover. Most likely what happened is some new employee or someone who wasn’t given proper training accidentally switched books, or put one down and couldn’t remember which one it was, went “Oh well these are the same comic no one will care” and picked one up, etc.

Or it could all be made up. Who knows. But the LEAST LIKELY scenario I think is someone at CGC intentionally switching their copy with defects for another copy with different defects.

2 Likes

I dunno…but that is no 9.6. That’s all I know. Don’t care what the label says.

On a slightly related note…I was about to buy a CGC 9.6 book on eBay yesterday but when I zoomed in I saw numerous color breaking spine ticks…and quickly backed away.

Book sold for $12 too. So others must’ve noticed
It was crap.

3 Likes

WOW. Where does it end with these companies? What’s next, a fire or a flood?

2 Likes

As I’ve said soooo soooo many times - neither of these companies makes it for 3 months out in a real competetive free market with many companies vying for your dollars.

They are both significantly incompetent and when choosing either; it is choosing the better of the bottom of the barrel. That’s what we have, folks - which one is less horrible than the other. Not which is better.

It’s absolutely pathetic what these 2 companies encompass. They just don’t care. And why should they? We’re going to send them our money anyway.

3 Likes

My 9.6 PGX UF4 has 3 less ticks than this 9.6 CGC :joy:

4 Likes

Just when I thought PGX might be gaining some reputation back…

2 Likes

I am not sitting through a Brys comics video, someone give me the cliff notes

5 Likes

Not watching a crack addict talk about his social channels…

3 Likes

Cliffs? I’m not watching a Brys video also

1 Like

Oh, is that Bry? Hahaha. Didn’t realize that. Was paying attention to the book.

1 Like

Comic was restored when it came back from Cgc. I watched the beginning of the video where the girl is moaning and my wife said “what the ■■■■ are you watching?”

2 Likes

Yeah, that hurts them but when was that X-men #1 graded? I couldn’t see the date…I know that shouldn’t matter but PGX’s beginnings are well noted as not being the best. Was this book graded during that time period? If it is newer that is very bad news for them.

1 Like

He said 2015, I believe. So that is a good point.

1 Like

CGC and Fedex can go eff themselves and each other. I had to submit a book to be re-encapsulated due to debris in the holder. A mechanical error. Finally after a few months they’ve shipped the $100 book back to me.

The issue is they have it setup so that you have to be home to sign for it. If you’re not home and miss the attempted deliveries it gets sent back to CGC. I can’t manage it in anyway. I can’t setup a delivery date, I can’t sign off online, I can’t sign the door tag that the driver left on my door.

Though he wrote my name on it, to read and sign and they’d use that as a signature. I can’t have it delivered to a neighbor or even have them leave it at one of their physical retail locations in my area. I get that for high dollar value books but not a $100.

How long was it after you received it did you contact them to re sumbit it? I had the same issue and they rejected me cuz it was after the 2 week notice.

I had to send 2 books back to CGC recently…same issue with debris in the holder…took 2 months, and put them in a “tighter” holder and now there are some spine ticks (maybe not color breaking) which have appeared and seem to be caused by the tighter fit…isn’t helping them out anyway. 9.8 books still, though.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

CGC is a bit of a mess…For speculating/maximum profit it is still the best way to go even with questionable quality these days. I would hope they get their act together, but I honestly believe they don’t care one bit, especially toward the little guy as long as they are making money hand over fist.

2 Likes

:100: :100: :100:

1 Like

Lmao must watch

1 Like

The one that I was going to send back, has the same thing as the ones in the video. And they rejected my re-submision. I was pissed too.

1 Like