CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

CGC knew what they were doing when they made it only 14 days for you to send slabs back for MEs.
If you don’t open up your package immediately when you get them back from CGC or if you’re on vacation, you’re stuck with the damages. Total criminals.

5 Likes

The days of calling them a “necessary evil” in the industry are over.
Delete the “necessary”

1 Like

Doesn’t matter what they do, people will continue to use them and nothing is going to change. All this does is reduce the amount of returns allowing them to grade more books and not spend time fixing errors.

They can do what they want and people will just continue fall in line.

1 Like

I mean, people could just stop buying graded comics and it would pretty much make them change their ways.

I don’t really buy graded comics.

1 Like

People could but they won’t and thus nothing will change.

The amount of youtubers I have seen ■■■■■ and moan and boycott CGC only to turn around a couple weeks later and use them again. There is always some T’s & C’s that come with those things and thus their followers will do the same :stuck_out_tongue:

CGC ain’t going nowhere anytime soon, business will be usual for them. People will always ■■■■■ but not follow it up with action.

1 Like

Weakness…

Long ago MyComicShop did me wrong. I swore to never buy from them again. I have yet to buy from them. If you say you’re gonna do something, stick to it I say. If you don’t follow through on what you state, then don’t say it at all…

1 Like

Unfortunately, and unlike any other business I’ve ever dealt with, they are essentially a monopoly.
I do use CBCS and will continue to slowly move to them. I already use CBCS exclusively for Cons and for VSP since they’re easy to get hold of at Cons.

Sadly, I still make more money with CGC. But at some point the losses from their shenanigans will not be offset by the higher values and I need to make a decision to perhaps completely go to CBCS despite the lesser values in general. At least I’m dealing with issues there only 5% of the time; not 95% of the time. The anger and my fury at CGC is not worth the extra money at some point and I have to believe others will at some point call it in. Whether it be a tiny percentage of users or significant I don’t know. But they are screwing up now worse than ever in their history and that means something to me to alter my selling habits.

At the very least when I get damages (which has been every shipment lately) I could return with mechanical errors. Now I’m not so sure being I use a presser to submit under his account. If I can’t use his account anymore for each time I get broken/shattered cases that’s a loss for me. And I’m not willing to take that hit each and every freakin’ time from that clown organization

The comments on instagram are hilarious

Twitter ?

I posted the twitter link cause I don’t really know how to link instagram on here

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs9rbnYP1Wl/

1 Like

I wonder why CGC bothered to start a whole new Instagram account just for Signature Series posts. They’re no strangers to unpopular posts with a lot of negative comments.

1 Like

The CGC Private Signing fee for Ezra Miller is $300 per item

I recently bought this slab for $84 including tax so would be crazy to spend $300 for the CGC signature BUT the first appearance of Bizarro-Flash just seems right.

3 Likes

Classic buying the label and not the book.

This book showed up on KCC today…and this auction just happened to be ending a few hours after the fact.

Note the 9.6, and the “stain” in the upper right.

There are 9.2s listed that look much better than this book, lites for 1/2.

5 Likes

The seller missed the 14 day “mechanical error” grace period :joy:

here’s a brand new idea (and please do excuse my frustration) - how about they grade properly and do their effin job so that we, the hobbyists, don’t have to re-do seeing the book because we can’t trust those incompetent fools?
Can you imagine a world where we’re buying the grade because we know the grade is at least SOMEWHAT accurate? Nahhh… too much work, responsibility, and integrity for that mickey mouse club organization

Bill, are you going to be watching the Matt Nelson livestream next week? Get your questions ready baby. :joy:

2 Likes

:100: :100: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

Gonna be messy.

1 Like