CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

Time to look around and buy un-graded copies of Ultimate Fallout #4 in VF condition then submit to CGC for a 9.2!

2 Likes

Just make sure the raw VF copy that you buy has a big giant finger print smudge. That’ll get you the 9.2 for sure. Without that fingerprint, you’re taking a big risk of a deduction of grade

2 Likes

I think I’m going to send cgc an email and ask if they stand behind the assigned grade?

2 Likes

After my own personal observations and seeing other posts, I honestly don’t think they’re spending more than a few seconds on grading Moderns. I really don’t. Pre-1976 books seem to be fine; but as for Moderns, I say 10 seconds +/- 5 seconds is what the grader is given for their assembly line of chipping into the backlog. It’s the only rational explanation for this Modern miss epidemic.

Let us know how that goes!!

2 Likes

Old men yelling at clouds imo. CGC graders are professionals, they can’t be wrong.

1 Like

Crack that baby open
 and let ol Poyo grade it. The more you pay, the higher the grade! If CGC can just throw arbitrary numbers on a label, at least you know what you’re getting what you pay for with Poyo’s Grading Services!

2 Likes

Are you officially introducing a CHU grading service? Just tell the professional Chu graders (Poyo) what grade you want and the professioanl Chu graders (Poyo) will tell you the “custom” price for that grade (which Tony gets 95% of)! There is no need to even look at it! Chu will trust your word and enjoy your money! Plastic cases that can crack? Forgetaboutit! CHUGS (Chu Grading Service) will laminate every comic graded with strips of the finest packing tape avilible courtesy Home Depot with your official CHU 9.9 grade permanently Sharpied on the comic before tape-protected! Who wouldn’t want that?!?

1 Like

Don’t forget your personal lick of approval.

Official grades are “Read”, “Unread” and “Never Opened”.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the listings by those random sellers with “still in plastic” for a bagged and boarded comic.

2 Likes

Close. The actual grades are never opened, never opened HTF, never opened HTF in plastic bag, unread, read, and read in the bathroom (brown label)

7 Likes

And don’t forget, “read within 4 feet of poyo’s bucket”

When I see that I know the person selling a comic knows nothing about them. This means they’ll either sell absolute gold for dirt cheap or be selling junk at absurd prices. It’s either great or awful, no in-between.

6 Likes

I’ve been using CBCS over CGC for my personal stuff the last year and change. I just prefer their new cases to CGC. But another thing I’ve noticed is they tend to be a lot better at support and communication.

Case in point, they just emailed me about a submission I made a few weeks ago that they noticed one of the comics was signed on the cover. (Which I totally missed when I was submitting it.) Showed me a picture, asked if I would like to add on the signature verification, and asked who it was signed by.

3 Likes

I know you’ve seen the sellers who take a pic of the back of a bagged and boarded book?!

2 Likes

The internet holds many interesting sellers.

2 Likes

That’s a nice way to put it.

That could be changed from “sellers” to “people” in general

Hahaha! I like that!

1 Like

Yes sir. That’s exactly where the bathroom read book comes from.

Think about how many comics you own that may have been in someone’s nasty bathroom.

1 Like