CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

I don’t buy slabbed moderns very often or submit moderns. But I love old books under 9. I should show off some.

1 Like

I just want consistent, accurate grading. That means opening the book up.

1 Like

It’s probably like the first time you bring a brand new car into the dealership for the 1st “20+ point checkup” with how CGC “grades” Moderns.
I.E. - both barely look

3 Likes

I’m going to start drawing dildos in my modern submissions around pages 16 and see if they notice. Then, when the scandal breaks CGC will have dildogate on their hands, ha ha ha ha ha.

9 Likes

Good plan!

Just when CGC couldn’t sink any lower, they team up with KCC. KCCGC

3 Likes

Exhibit 987 that cgc are desperate for submissions

3 Likes

I’m shocked!

Just announce the new KCC labels already!!!

1 Like

My Comic Shop needs to get into the grading game. They’re accurate and tough on books as it should be. I think most want books that are accurately graded and we’re not getting that from any of the current grading companies.

4 Likes

I’m also curious how CGC claims a page color on moderns without opening the books?

1 Like

A few of the graders have X-ray vision I’ve heard through the grapevine. :wink:

1 Like

Tell me you’re trying to manipulate the market and help your largest customers without telling me you’re trying to manipulate the market.

4 Likes

Interesting article of % of books graded by CGC which are 9.8.

Anyone take a guess the % of books from 2020 to 2024 which are 9.8? Much high number than i would have expected.

oh damn, Spicy pullin out the 'ol A/S/L?

1 Like

75% is my guess…

Edit: that was surprising!

1 Like

% of CGC which are 9.8.

All blue labels - 40%
silver 1%
bronze 9%
Books from 2020-2024 -86%.

Their standards don’t reflect the industry norms. A 9.9 can Have a color breaking spine tic?! Not according to anyone I know.

3 Likes

So today was the big day for the ComicConnect CGC 9.9 GSX 1 auction. It sold for a disappointing 170k. There were people in the community that thought it could go as high as 500k or more based on the multiples of other 9.9 prices compared to their 9.8 counterpart and this was the only 9.9 GSX 1 in the census.

So people wised up and CGC will soon have to introduce a 10.0 prescreen and other hair brained schemes to generate more revenue.

4 Likes

Sounds like it, which I think is good. Everyone – especially buyers with that kind of money – has to wonder why a 9.9 would suddenly appear now after 24 years of CGC grading.

1 Like