Comic sniffers! Which comics smell the best?

That’s a good question. I don’t know if I’ve kept track of one particular book.

I’ve been reading mostly moderns of late. I’ve really just been noticing the difference between publishers.

My LCS closed at last summer and I ended up buying the entire inventory. So, my spare bedroom went from having 2 long boxes and 7-8 short boxes to now having 24 long boxes and 20 or so short boxes plus 20 boxes of TPBs and some boxes of toys. I keep the door closed when I’m at work and when I get home I like to stick my head in the room and take a big whiff. Overall, I’d say that that’s my favorite comic related aroma right now.

I remember He-man figures having a distinct smell out of the package too. You could say it was a mellow, cherry like smell.

Except for

Stinkor…

2 Likes

I was just digging through some boxes and came across Wasted Space 1 from Vault so I decided to flip through it (and give it a sniff, of course). Pure Crayon!

I’ve always enjoyed the smell of Vault comics but would have never associated it with Crayons. Thanks for identifying that aroma for me.

1 Like

I finally cracked it open after receiving it so many weeks ago and I don’t know if it’s just because it had so long to marinade in the box it was mailed to me in, but the April Previews catalogue is smelling good!

The ones from 90s and last ten years don’t smell like anything to me. My favorite would be the smell from the early 2000s Marvel (and some DC) titles, every distinctive smell that has dulled with age. Off the rack it had a distinctive one I can remember even now that puts me right back in that time and place. Don’t know if anyone knows what I mean, early 2002 or so.