#Creators4Comics Twitter auction

Over 100 comics writers, artists, authors, and other supporters are coming together to provide financial help to comic book retailers and independent bookstores hit hard by COVID-19 with the #Creators4Comics Twitter auction to benefit the Book Industry Charitable Foundation (BINC).

With permission, #Creators4Comics is borrowing the successful Twitter auction format used by #AuthorsForFireys, which raised over $500,000 in less than a week to assist Australian firefighting efforts. The Twitter-based auctions will offer everything from signed comics to artwork to unique events and experiences from Wednesday, April 15, to Monday, April 20, under the hashtag #Creators4Comics.

Among the more than 100 well-known creators and authors already committed to participate are Kelly Sue DeConnick, Marv Wolfman, Geoff Johns, Joe Hill, Scott Snyder, Shannon Hale, Tom King, Gene Luen Yang, Danielle Paige, Jason Aaron, Mark Guggenheim, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Gabriel Picolo, Gail Simone, Brad Meltzer, Ryan North, Paul Levitz, Jeff Lemire, David Mack, Greg Rucka, G. Willow Wilson, James Tynion IV, Cassandra Clare, and Mariko Tamaki. The auction effort is being coordinated by Kami Garcia, Brian Michael Bendis, Gwenda Bond, Sam Humphries, and Phil Jimenez.

“Print is the heart of comics and books and the brick and mortar stores that keep print alive are struggling, so I reached out to other concerned creators/friends,” said Garcia, #1 New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels and graphic novels. “They enthusiastically agreed that we needed to help.”

“These stores have supported us throughout our careers,” said Bond, New York Times bestselling author of eleven novels and graphic novel creator. “Now is our chance to support them. Comic shops and indie bookstores are at the heart of our industry and our neighborhoods.”

“The phenomenal response we’ve seen so far from creators makes it clear that comic book stores are the foundation of our industry,” said Sam Humphries, superstar comic book writer of Harley Quinn, and co-host of television show DC Daily. “But we can’t do this alone — anyone who loves comic stores can join us and create an auction of their own!”

Winning bidders will donate directly to BINC, to which Jim Lee, James Patterson, DC and BOOM! Studios, Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club, and many others have recently contributed. BINC is accepting applications from local comic shops and bookstores for financial assistance now. BINC’s mission is to strengthen the bookselling community through charitable programs that support employees and their families.

How does #Creators4Comics work?

• Creators/people run their own individual auctions by tweeting items with the hashtag #Creators4Comics.
  • Auctions/tweets will be posted anytime on or after Wednesday, April 15th.
  • Twitter users scroll through the auction items under the hashtag and reply to individual item threads to place their bids until the auction ends on April 20th, at 12 PM EST.
  • The winning bidder donates directly to BINC and provides the donation receipt to the auctioneer to claim their item.

Visit the #Creators4Comics website at https://www.creators4comics.com for more information.

For more information reach out to creators4comics@gmail.com.

I’m sad this thread is getting no traction … :disappointed:

I read it, been meaning to go read up on the links as well.

1 Like

Now I’m browsing twitter to see what people are putting up for bidding…

1 Like

Kudos to you Mr. Poyo … I believe this is the first really substantive move by the Industry to at least offer some help to some Shops financially …

I love seeing prelim art, but generally not owning it. This though. Man. Knull is one of Marvel’s best modern creations. I think we’re going to be seeing him for a long, long time and now I have a piece of his history.