Crypto

I’m a big believer in blockchain. Cardano is the coin that I personally like the best.

The recent explosion in crypto gains is 100% attributed to mass worldwide chaos. I think as long as the pandemic rages and governments continue to print money, crypto will continue on its crazy path.

What scares me about crypto, is the prospect of governments making it illegal in order to protect their own financial systems. I don’t think it’s a matter of if, but when.

When that happens crypto will make tulips look like gold.

Blockchain is the clearly the future though. And that great technology is what societies will enjoy in crypto’s wake.

2 Likes

He’s for more regulation, so I wouldn’t say that.

When has the SEC been ahead of the curve on anything?

Just bought cryptoheatingup.net , so don’t even try it @agentpoyo!

1 Like

Just like your crypto, I’ll steal it right out from under you and there will be nothing you can do about it… :wink:

from Imgflip Meme Generator
1 Like

More regulation means more institutional money gets the green light! Sounds good to me!

Why ADA particularly?

I’m not sure you fully understand how public blockchains work. To steal his crypto you’d have to steal his private key and the password that decrypts it. Or rent enough computing power to 51% attack the blockchain and then double spend your own (but that wouldn’t be his crypto). If you keep your crypto on an exchange, then yeah it’s liable to be “hacked” and not insured (though Coinbase does insure it’s holdings supposedly). That’s why they say “not your keys, not your crypto”. Tech like ledger wallets work well for this purpose.

Ha! Touché!

The only Krypto I’m investing in :wink:

4 Likes

I’m fully aware of how blockchains work… I’m a Devops / IT Administrator for the past 20+ years… I was just joking with Drunkwooky… but I do know where he hides his private key… but I’m not telling, It’s all mine!!! His crypto will be all MINEEEE!!! :wink:

Ah sorry that went over my head!

I’m just going to get to the point of why I brought this up:

If DC takes comic distribution fully digital, in order to appease the collector/spec market, they’d still need to create unique, exchangeable assets.

NFTs (non fungible tokens), a new kind of crypto, fill this need perfectly.

I’m just too fearful that we’ll have an outright ban or extreme amount of taxes to help fund regulation or fight terrorism. There are politicians that believe bitcoin is used to fund terrible things.

As that’s likely true in a sense (and likely happening), if they ban crypto, they’ll just find something else to use for trade that’s in demand that now has “value”.

1 Like

Agreed. I think most people with critical thinking abilities understand that banning crypto wouldn’t change a thing about illicit behaviors. Also the decentralized nature makes a “ban” difficult to enforce. The fiat on/off ramps would be unusable though.

I completely agree, but when the government regulates or runs anything it’s usually not a boon.

Oh yeah I don’t think the government should rule with anything other than a light touch. Complex systems full of decision-making agents (like the US) need to have room to produce emergent properties. It’s all about the right set of minimal guardrails. Enough to get that big money comfortable.

Charles Hoskinson is the Elon Musk of the crypto world.

What about the polkadot guy? He’s got a cult following too