Dirty D's F.O.C

Just need to be aware if you’re ordering TFaW if you wait until the real FOC they may have already taken it down, or upped their price to post-FOC.

1 Like

I am a bone head, I was away this weekend and missed D-Rog’s message, here is his FOC list

2 Likes

How does FOC work on a Monday federal holiday?

I noticed none of TFAW’s listings had today as FOC. They were all past. So did they move it up a day or two?

foc was friday

1 Like

There is late addition cover for Transformers #13 that could be interesting, if the Spoiler or Cover A aren’t to your taste:

Cover H - Ludo Lullabi

I like that cover a lot. I’m not sure if it’s a new character or not.

Looks similar to Swindle, but I don’t think it’s him.

The bot on Cover H is named Genvo

Spoiler covers revealed…

Cover B

1:50 variant

I’m behind on my reading in the series so I’ll have to flip back through to see if Denvo appeared before this arc. I can’t find any history online, so it may be a “sacrificial” character to help tell the story of Starscream’s origin. He’s also on the cover of the spoiler, but is seen from the back along with Starscrram and Jetfire.

Omega Supreme appears to make his Energonverse debut, which is what the cover B is spoiling.

Cover J is a “special surprise open-to-order cover” by Ludo Lullabi. So like an FOC reveal cover.

3 Likes

That action #1 homage is one of the best I’ve seen in a while! I can not only see it being a flavor of the week but have some long-term appeal as well.

4 Likes

It’s pretty freaking clever.

3 Likes

Hell yes!

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t really have time this evening to do a full blown FOC article, but here is a quick look at books grabbing my attention this week.

Spider-Society #4 (of 4) (Spider-Punk Variant)

I like a good Spider a punk cover.

Star Wars Ahsoka #5

This is the issue where Ashoka faces her internal conflict, and learns to let go of the guilt that she became a soldier of the Republic and by abandoning it, enabled Anakin to fall to the dark side. Probably the best episode in season 1. No real spec here…but a pivotal movement. Cover A is the dual between the two, while the Noto variant features young Ahsoka.

Star Wars Battle Jakku Insurgency Rising #4 (of 4) (Quah Variant)

LUKE vs. a new INQUISITOR!

I’m not sure whose one the cover is the inquisitor. I have not followed up with this series. But this cover seems to feature a cool character that reminds me of Darth Revan or Demagol from Knights of the Old Republic.

Action Comics #1073

It’s a race against time for Superman and Mon-El to prevent the lethal forces of Xa-Du and Aethyr from converging! But to save the present, the Man of Steel is forced to face the past! It’s the dramatic return of Krypton’s last son to his homeworld as the Man of Tomorrow voyages to the City of Yesterday!

I don’t highlight Superman much, but this sounds like a good read.

Scarlet Witch #6

The Scarlet Witch takes on a mysterious new pupil - at Agatha Harkness’ request. But where did the young sorceress known as Amaranth come from? And what could have spooked Agatha into giving up the chance to mentor her?

Given Amaranth has appeared before on a cover, and this book has her featured on multiple covers…might just as well go with cover A.

IMG_3380

Yars Rising #1

I still remember seeing Yars Revenge advertised for He Atari 2690 during Saturday morning cartoons, and aI just had to have it (got it for Christmas…atill have it). It was a fun game and it came with a mini comic.

Well, looks like Atari is coming out with a new game and this comic is a prequel to it.

Kahhori a Marvel Voices Special #1

Straight out of Disney+ What If comes this story. I’m not sure is this will rehash the episode, or provide more background to the character. Either way, it’s the pick of the week. Going with cover A.

1 Like

Hello everyone. It’s New York Comic Con week. So lots of excitement and exclusives to be had, if that’s your thing.

But there are some books on FOC worth paying attention. Let’s check some out.

COVERS

Daredevil #15 (Gabriele Dellotto Variant)

Another great Dell Otto cover. This time featuring King Pin. Dirty D cover of the week!

Batman #155 (McFarlane Toys Variant)

I’m not usually a fan of these “toy” variant covers, but I do like a sweet red hood cover.

Immortal Thor #17

Four new gods walked the Earth, called by Thor’s foes to be his death - a man of fire, a man of stone, a beast of wrath and a trickster-serpent. All had reason to hate the thunder god…and working together, they had the power to end an All-Father’s reign. This is the story of the IMMORTAL THOR…and what broke him at last.

Not sure if this will be a first appearance of these “four new gods”, but this is a fantastic cover by the great Alex Ross.

IMG_3543

Avengers Assemble #3 (of 5) (Spoiler Variant)

When a new iteration of the NIGHTSTALKERS attacks a community of civilian vampires formed in New York City after the events of BLOOD HUNT, the AVENG.E.R.S. must align to protect those who they once sought to defeat!

No idea what this could be spoiling…but just be aware for what it’s worth.

FIRST ISSUES

IMG_3544

All New Venom #1 (Platt Variant)

An all-new host is taking the symbiote in a whole new direction - but who?

I won’t spoil it here, but it’s hard to get excited for another symbiote host. The design is cool, though. The Platt variant is the winner in my book.

Batgirl #1

Cassandra Cain is taking center stage in her first solo Batgirl series in nearly two decades! Cass must embark on a jaw-dropping, martial-arts filled adventure in her quest for truth and justice…and revenge?! It’s a Batgirl book like never before.

A new Batgirl series begins. There’s a Dekal variant cover for his fans.

Little Batman Month One #1 (of 4)

Taking place after the events of “Merry Little Batman,” Gotham City finds itself reeling from the Joker’s attack, and Damian Wayne (a.k.a. Little Batman) is eager to get back into the fight. See Little Batman in a new adventure from the film’s screenwriter, Morgan Evans, after catching the rerelease of the breakout movie in theaters this winter.

I have not seen Merry Little Batman but now I’m intrigued. It looks like this mini series will have some interesting homage covers, starting with this Batman 404.

Star Wars Battle Jakku Republic Under Siege #1

LUKE SKYWALKER and a new friend find themselves cornered! Can two Imperial powerhouses find common ground against the nascent New Republic?? The heroes find themselves saved in the nick of time - by a fan-favorite guest star and ally!

Not sure who the new friend or ally is, but I’m curious who the woman in the flight suit is. Could be worth keeping an eye on this book.

INDY SPOTLIGHT

Fade #1 (of 5) (Cover B - Hans)

A once-fearless high school student, Jeannie wasn’t prepared for the aimless feeling of being a college freshman, but that’s all about to change! Mirror myths take on new life in the modern age, as countless people claim to have passed into The Fade in their dreams via a viral internet sensation, but what awaits Jeannie Warner and her best friend Arno on the other side? Royal adventures, ancient prophecies, or something more dangerous…?

Interesting concept. I like the Hans variant as well.

PICK OF THE WEEK

Absolute Superman #1

Without the fortress…without the family…without a home…what’s left is the Absolute Man of Steel!

Probably won’t be a spec book (it’s been a while since there’s been good Supe spec), but Absolute Batman has kicked off this universe with positive reviews with an alternative look at Bruce Wayne. DC will look to keep it going with Superman.

Parting Thoughts

That it for this week. For those going to NYCC, have a great time!

2 Likes

I got all sorts o’ crazy this week and ordered that Sweet Paprika Showgirls variant :joy:
What in the world am I doing???

1 Like

Great movie

1 Like

I ordered that too. Great cover :wink:

Also ordered Toxic Avenger #2 cover D

1 Like

“Showgirls,” is a campy classic!

1 Like