eBay Headaches

I haven’t switched yet. Will need to look into getting a separate business checking account if I do. And that would suck

Owner of the one stop comic shop switched and was talking to other ebay retailers about how ebay holds the money longer then paypal does. He was a month in and they hadnt paid him yet.

1 Like

I switched in August and it’s fine for me. Opens you up to more buyers anyway as you don’t need a paypal account to make purchases. People can pay with pretty much anything, google pay, apple pay, credit and debit cards, gift cards. Before managed payments your buyer would have to have a paypal account or you had to accept credit cards through an outside merchant service.

1 Like

How long does it take you to get paid? I’ve heard stories of it taking all of two days or a chunk of time.

I have it set up for weekly payments and my money is in my checking account every Tuesday or Wednesday and they send payments every Tuesday

I’m not understanding your question. What do you mean by allowing other methods of payment?

Allowing one to continue using Paypal.

1 Like

It said payments from sales would be available in 1-5 business days. I don’t like the idea of my money being held period. You’re telling me that I may not have the money for 5 business days I’m not shipping that item until I have that money in hand.

1 Like

You can still pay for items with PayPal but as far as receiving there cutting them out.

I’m out. If I don’t have the money in my own account that I can withdraw immediately, then nope… nope… nope…

nopenopenope

1 Like

That’s what I was asking… so yeah… see previous comment… I’m out…

Basically eBay is replacing Paypal so they get a small piece of the pie on every single transaction.

My main issue with this is, eBay customer service is sub par, if there’s any type of issue, I just don’t want to even bother with contacting their support just to get something fixed. Also, I just can’t be bothered with yet another account to handle payments that make their way to my own account. I basically use Paypal as a proxy so I don’t have to give places like eBay direct access to my own bank accounts, etc.

1 Like

I’m effing out after reading this. Like at least a week before having access to your money.

That sounds like they’re doing a ACH type of transfer for each amount, the slow cheap ACH type of transfer.

That’s just awful. I know with paypal it’s about a day but you can also pay like 25 cents for immediate transfer.

So yeah, up to 4 days is just awful… nope, nope nope…

First I’m not shipping excrement until that money is available to me. By their timeline it’s a minimum of 4-8 business days. Not just regular days but Monday through Friday excluding holidays.

So go ahead ship the item eBays got there cut already. Let’s go from a seller having the available funds immediately to multiple weeks. To save me the 1% quick transfer fee to my debit. Free if it’s to my checking. Just ridiculous and how is this acceptable to anyone!?

Yeah, I like paypal since it’s a 3rd party as well. Allowing eBay to handle all the money is going to result in some bad mojo if there’s ever a dispute from the buyer since eBay seems to side with buyers all more often than sellers.

Imagine if you ship, the product arrives before you can even touch the money and they dispute, now you’re out of the funds and the product unless they do actually ship it back, etc.

Having eBay hands in more of the transaction is just a horrible idea… especially when things go wrong.

I have no delays in getting payments. They initiated a $571 payment to me today and it was in my account today. As for pending funds I don’t notice any big delays. People paid me on the 9th for some items and the money is already in available funds and will be transferred to my account tomorrow. The only pending funds are from people who paid me today.

Capture

1 Like

Do you have a store or just regular account?

I do have a basic store. I think it’s the cheapest option. I got it because they were offering 10,000 free listings a month if you did managed payments and had a store so I did it. The 50 free a month wasn’t cutting it.

Yeah, I’m wondering if having a store (that’s paid for) likely speeds up the pay out for funds.

And since the pandemic hit, seems the 50 per month is now 200 per month…