Flops

Looks like it has a ways to go…

But I also don’t know how well publicized this was…

2 Likes

Here it is again do I do you all a favor and not order. It’ll blow up that way :). On the fence. It’s a sweet cover though.

3 Likes

I got on right at 7 and snagged one. Cool cover.

Slowed to a crawl now.

I got one. It’s a nice cover to own whether it heats up or not.

2 Likes

would this be considered 1st “official” DC cover?

Im a sucker for Catwoman. I think I have more issues of Catwoman than I do Spider-Man lol. Cool cover and glad to have it.

https://happycomics.com/products/cherry-poptart-1-flops-variant

2 Likes

I like Flops. I have a fondness for the zany underground comix character that is Cherry. I shall buy this. Thank you!

1 Like

This was the dealer at Baltimore Comic Con that had Larry Welz and Sozomaika at their booth. Sozomaika was not approachable really. I tried to talk to her and she made it seem like I was imposing.

1 Like

I’ve heard not so good stories about Sozomaika. That’s disappointing.

2 Likes

Not everyone is a ‘people person’. Simple.

Didn’t Sozomaika had some health problems in the past and set up a Gofundme to help her with medical costs? EDIT: found it https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-maikasozo-recover-from-medical-emergencies

You would think she’d be more grateful to her fans.

1 Like

Very true, but it’s not unreasonable to ask con exhibitors to try a little harder. If a creator doesn’t enjoy engaging with the public and can’t try to pretend for a few hours, they shouldn’t do cons.

Obviously everyone has a bad day now and then, but given that there are multiple reports of Sozomaika not being into it, she should probably stick to private signings.

3 Likes

She makes a pretty good amount off her illustrations and has for a while. You would think she has medical insurance.

Is Sozo married to Flops? :rofl:

I’d imagine most artists are 1099 contract workers. I checked into healthcare plans after losing my position last summer and I qualified for most around an average of $1200 to $1600 per month so… if that tells you anything, it’s not worth it. You’ll pay less out of pocket for the regular checkups and prescriptions unless you have a big emergency, which even with insurance, good 'ol America you can still walk out bankrupt even when you arrive financially stable. Anyways… Aren’t we suppose to be talking about Flops? :wink:

2 Likes

With those numbers, you won’t be able to purchase anything from Flops; nor even a pair of Flip Flops for that matter :crazy_face:

Wasn’t she the one who said she was quitting comic art to become a dancer? It was on April fools day and we all thought she was pulling our legs. And ai think she really did step away to try dancing for a short time.

Here it is.

1 Like