Grading Question: How Does General Use Affect Grade?

I myself just do Comixology Unlimited. It’s like $7 a month and just reading one trade pays for it. They choose the books included but they usually have a wide variety.

It seems the general consensus here is I shouldn’t be reading my comics while I eat my peanut butter and crackers. I don’t use a knife to smear the peanut butter on the crackers, I use my hands–generally between turning comic pages. It gets sticky.

1 Like

If I advertise a book without the “new and unread”… That means I likely licked my fingers between page turns… So you only wanna buy my books where I claim it’s unread unless you like my DNA on the pages… :crazy_face:

Does that help solidify the use of such term in auctions @D-Rog? :wink:

Skip the middle man. Lick the pages directly to turn.

3 Likes

Lol, that is a new kind of special!

I can see someone looking at a Poyo Comic now and thinking “how does water damage show up on the upper corner of each page …but not on the covers…?”

any idea of how much a 1mm tear can affect grade? in this case the tear goes through the cover and seemingly the entire book :-1: but it’s so small that even with a magnifying glass i can’t definitively tell how many pages are actually torn.

i wanna sell my sentry #1, which could be a 9.8 if not for the tear :frowning_face:, and i don’t know where to set the price. i’d rather set a decent BIN price than sell it at auction.

I am not a professional, but I’d say maybe 9.4 is best you’ll get?

1 Like

Probably. Some books like ASM 361 the defects is overlooked because so manual books have them

But I have an ASM 300 with a similar defect and nothing else which graded 9.4.

1 Like