Marketplace?

There are no guarantees in life, @BJ. One should not live in fear of what may be. Quality is more important than longevity and there is more than one way to skin a cat. Think outside of the proverbial box.

1 Like

Honestly it’s likely DC and Marvel that fall under the advertising rule as most indie books do not contain advertising, they usually only list other books coming out from the same publisher.

USPS can’t even regulate themselves though. I’ve seen Flat Rate Priority envelopes show up with First Class stamps on them.

They don’t care until something goes wrong. That’s when they’ll enforce their silly rules if it goes in their favor. Ship a book media mail and it gets damaged, don’t report it, you might have to pay the extra buck or two to cover the first class cost. :wink:

Sounds and is are two different things. Read the law again, affiliate links and how they’re setup do not fall within their rules. The way you’re reading this law is anyone who links another to a product that leads to sale where the buyer resides in Indiana, they could be liable for sales taxes, which is not the case.

Also, think about this. If I have an affiliate link to TFAW that results in a sale. The sales tax applies at TFAW to get collected, not at the website the link was clicked. Indiana can’t apply the sales tax on the affiliate link and TFAW (or other merchant). It’s where the transaction takes place. Most if not all affiliate programs do not even share the purchasers or buyers personal information. The only thing that is known to an affiliate (who again, is under 1099 commission based pay) is what they clicked on and how much they bought to calculate the commission rate earned.

Okay, let’s move on with the actual topic from the original poster. Are we going to have a marketplace? We’re looking into it. :wink:

Taxes are a headache but it’d be awesome to have some sort of marketplace or trading forum.

I agree and hope we can implement.