Media Mail Thoughts?

eBay cracking down on media Mail “offenders.”

Got the is email today:

I rarely ship media mail anymore unless I’m trying to dumps a lot of comics for below cover. probably old listings I haven’t updated.

I just posted this in comics as well. I can adjust for comics but what about hardcovers and omnis that I now can’t list under the graphic novels category.

I had the same thought. I almost never used media mail anymore. But, I have a trade listed, and it has zero ads in it. My assumption was it qualified for media mail. If not, my shipping costs effectively double.

Time to start listing my trades and omnibus titles in the book category so eBay backs off. I’m using eBay so much less tho.

I actually stopped using media mail quite a long time ago once I found out it was illegal. I didn’t realize it before, but thankfully I read this forum and learned I was doing wrong. Generally, I can get a single comic down to 8 oz. in a gemini mailer, which is only $3.50, then add packaging and stuff, and you are at about $4.50 or so… add 25 or 50 cents per book for combined shipping and I tend to be ok, even when I ship priority in a legal flat rate envelope…more comics I get up to an actual box. Lose some here, make some there, but it all averages out.

It’s funny because if you list a comic it defaults to media mail. It’s ebays recommended way to ship comics. They need to get their shit together and stop contradicting themselves.