Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Honestly, with all the Tosin jokes we throw around here, it feels like BP 3 came out over a year ago like in late 2020 or even 2021, not this year.

1 Like

While I am not buying any DC comics right now, Harley Who Laughs would absolutely be the first one if I was to change directions. Still not going to buy any.

I’m waiting for the dipsh**s at DC to bring back that AMAZING future Wonder Woman/Justice League villain, Grail. I cannot believe she hasn’t been in anything else after that great run in New 52 with Darkseid and Anti-Monitor by Geoff Johns. Bah humbug DC

5 Likes

She has, but sparingly.

Astonishing X-Men #9 first appearance of Danger is getting some attention as a possible villain for Deadpool 3. I do have a graded newsstand copy up on eBay.

1 Like

That Spiderman Lost Years that was already discussed here is getting quite a bit more attention/posts and hit a certain apps trending list today. May not be a bad idea to hold one, but otherwise smoke em if you got em as now is the time.

3 Likes

It cracked me up when it hit the list.

4 Likes

It is kind of a lame spec. It’s just the lady as a regular person who later becomes Hallows Eve. Big whoop. These are the same lemmings that run out and buy stuff like “Bombshell” from Hawkeye because of an app. Think about it. If the character isn’t the next Miles, or even close, what really is the long term value??? Especially when it’s not even the super hero or villain first appearance, just their regular self. Smoke em if you got ‘em for sure. Six months from now nobody will care and eBay will be left with listings at “today’s hot price” collecting cyber dust.

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I’m thinking 6 week….maybe 6 days.

1 Like

I sold my Astonishing X-Men #9 PGX 9.8 Newsstand for $300 recently. Apparently the book Reynolds’s was holding in the Jackman reveal was a story about Danger.

2 Likes

I like the Hallows’ Eve character and already own her first appearance so it is win win for me.

But, if this character isn’t worth chasing (fairly cool character design, some history, some future plans with a solo series), then why do we bother at this at all? If it’s Miles or bust, then it’s all pointless. Sure, this character isn’t going to be a $700 key next week, but they don’t all have to be. I’m ok if this becomes a $45 key down the road.

1 Like

I’d say the actual first appearance of Hallows Eve with her on the cover might be a $45 key years from now. The first appearance of Ben Reilly’s girlfriend as a regular person does not really seem like a $45 key. Honestly, now that they are releasing a second print 1:25 with Hallows Eve on the cover, that will probably be the book to have for the character.

1 Like

Agreed. If we don’t care about the regular story issues, new characters out of costume first appearance, villains first appearance, minor hero first appearance, wtf are we even doing here with comics?

2 Likes

I guess my poorly worded point was I’m not nearly a big time spender enough to only focus on Miles level characters. I’ve paid for a good chunk of my entire PC by tracking down smaller spec books. Maybe that’s unlikely to continue with the market trending downward. Hope it turns around.

1 Like

Is this a CAMEO of HWL in HQ #24? If so, HQ #25 maybe the one to have.

1 Like

Harley 24 second print has first appearance and first cover. But it’s no secret so orders will be big I bet. Maybe that is the one to have but who knows what the market will ultimately decide.

2 Likes

I would say it is a cameo. Character isnt named and it’s only a 1 page appearance.

But FOC for #25 was after 24 came out. Orders would be bigger for 25. But 25 could be the winner. Who knows.

Now, #24 2nd print cover is the 1st cover appearance and the character is also named on the cover too. That is what cements #24 as THE BOOK to have, IMO.

2 Likes

She is actually on multiple pages and panels. But is only revealed as Harley Who Laughs on the last page.

3 Likes

It’s really like her 4th cover appearance if you count the exclusives from Horn and Mattina for past Metal series books.

2 Likes