Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Ah, so you’re thinking the throwback trade dress is the draw here. Not the contents of the book.

Maybe just detract the book and just have the art slabbed.

Exactly.

I had the book. I read it, and decided it was not a first appearance worth what people pay for it.

Kid appears in two small panels, only one shows his face…not named.

The other issues before and after are more significant appearances (Killer Croc and Todd) or just better covers.

I don’t consider 357 a must have book in Jason Todd lore.
And I actually like the character! I own graded copies of Batman 366, 368 and 635, which I consider better books to own for this character.

Unfortunately he had several lame cameos which water down his “debut”’across several books…so people just default to 357 as “the” book. But to me it’s not even a Hulk 180 type debut/first.

I am much happier to just own the foil facsimile, and have his other significant character development keys in high grade.

I like Jason Todd more than most folks too.

I kinda have to like him since his first and last name are my middle and first.

Midtown is sold out now

I saw that. eBay BINs are asking $20 shipped. Could be something brewing here.

1 Like

Which book is this?

Batman 357 facsimile blank cover (and foil cardstock, too)

1 Like

One of life’s great mysteries… The facsimile with a different cover.

What a time to be alive!

7 Likes

I think technically once you put a $3.99 price tag and/or a new bar code it’s a “new cover,” as fax are supposed to be exact copies…just not original.

Wakanda 4 2nd print

1 Like

And we have facsimile exclusives sometimes, too

All I know is the Raspberry Rally’s are holding value.

Still waiting for shipping confirmation (so far two emails telling me shipment is delayed). Meanwhile everyone else is getting theirs delivered.

I feel like my order got sent to ComicXposure or something…

1 Like

Looks like the value is dropping…

THE FLOOD !

4 Likes

I have 3x 9.8

3 Likes

I don’t understand how there can be so many sales on a lightly ordered book and it’s not even rising in value

1 Like

So much spec potential for White Fox. Need to get my copies graded.

2 Likes

“lightly ordered”…lol

I love how people pump books buying using words that they have no info to back it up…