Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

So when I started out the site, I was posting on other forums about books that were heating up. Most boards had a “modern heating up” “copper heating up” and so forth forums. So here we go, a place to mention comics you see gaining value on the secondary market.

2 Likes

Captain America #1, The Heroes Reborn series that was done by Liefeld is mysteriously heating up. It does have the first appearance of Rikki Barnes and one of the covers is white so it’s hard to find a clean copy. The print run was huge as well given a bunch of the fan favorite artists went back to Marvel from Image to do the series. It’s selling from around $15-$25 with some higher sales. There’s also a Con Edition with a white cover, As well as newsstands for both regular covers. I just remembered there’s was a Heroes Reborn 1/2 issue in Wizard. You had to pay and mail it in. I’m not sure if that’s got any firsts or if it came out before #1.

Another book that’s on my list is Truth, Red, White & Biack #1 it’s selling from $15-$30. It contains the first appearance of Isaiah Bradley. I still haven’t picked up any copies because I’m holding out for a potential Newsstand Edition. Which if it does exist it’s been tedious because the barcodes on the back cover.

2 Likes

I’m doing my best to revive this thread. Amazing Spider-Man #565 First Ana Kravinoff is creeping up in value. Gone from cover price to $20 or so with some higher sales. No variants other than the Newsstand Edition.

6 Likes

Thanks Todd for reviving it. It needed to be done

3 Likes

It’s alive!

1 Like

A copy of Star Wars Adventures#16 B cover just sold for $50 and another is listed at $75. So there goes my chance at getting one for cover.

Try searching and saving Star Wars Lot or Set if you haven’t. You wouldn’t believe how many key and valuable books I’ve picked up on the sly in lots of books.

4 Likes

Meh…that is pure recent FOMO kicking in. Hell, I love Embo & Hondo, but they aren’t even confirmed for the screen. I “think” they will, but…
Folks putting those books up, testing the water & the fish are biting.
@Gbess I’ll keep an eye out also for you. All yours for cost if I find another.

2 Likes

Marvels Heroes Reborn #1/2, a Wizard mag mail away book, was released in September '96. Captain America#1 (1996), was released November 10th, 1996.
Heroes Reborn #1/2 is Rikkis 1st from my current understanding. :+1:

1 Like

Isn’t that just a loose definition of ‘speculation’? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

5th print is starting to climb

1 Like

Thanks for the information. It wasn’t that I was to lazy to look it up or pull out the book but trying to get others to contribute.

1 Like

Loose… that “IS” the definition of speculation… :wink:

1 Like

@agentpoyo @jcLu Haha…yes and absolutely.
I guess my point being. I’m not paying “confirmed to be appearing” prices vs “I think-not even a whiff of a rumor yet” prices on supporting characters.

1 Like

Alright, @Devildog is now a confirmed speculator… let’s put him on the payroll. We expect 5 articles per week minimum, 1000 words minimum and lots of lots of pictures…

2 Likes

Hush up and go buy a bunch of Black Knight books!-----there’s my contribution for the year! :slight_smile:

I’m just salty because I’ve been buying up those darn Star Adventures books for pennies on the dollar lol for awhile now and wanted more.

No worries. I looked it up last week before I decided where to invest my money. My copies should be arriving this week at which point I will confirm, with pics, about my findings. :beers:

2 Likes

Crossgens Mystic #15 is on fire. Apparently the first appearance of Harry Potter.

1 Like

I didn’t know where else to put this if I’m being honest but it’s a cool Easter egg

1 Like

What’s his first appearance?