Newsstand CGC 9.6 VS Direct CGC 9.8

Are they the same grade though? If it’s just the grade on the label, the books within might have minor differences. One might have spine ticks while the other doesn’t but yet the grading companies still graded them the same. That’s why even if for investment purposes, I try to just buy the “better” book rather than the slab and label slapped inside. :wink:

But, but, Poyo, the number is the actual grade. Even if one is graded lower but looks better, we must trust the slab number, NO MATTER WHAT!

2 Likes

tenor

Honestly the best argument might be trying to make an insurance claim should you incur a loss…I would think it’s easier to prove “value” when it’s been graded by one of these entities than arguing why your beat up bathroom read is in “mint condition!!!”

True but USPS doesn’t go by market value, they insure only what was paid through bill of sale or invoice on the item with associated tracking #.

I’m thinking actual insurance companies…not the lame USPS insurance.

Yeah but when does someone start doing insurance on books unless they got some high dollar ones they want covered? I mean, are you going to pay extra premium on books that are only a few hundred bucks otherwise just covered under your normal policy that normally has a max limit? I mean, it’s nice if a home owners policy would cover all your books but most just opt for the X amount that’s gonna cover all your personal goods that includes furniture, clothes, etc.