Odds and Ends

True…and Lorcana really has a “tied to animation” approach in concept I suppose.

I’ll likely buy some. Star Wars in Magic will really be interesting someday.

1 Like

Give rights to produce products to highest bidder… you make money by just owning the properties. It makes perfect sense to me if this is the strategy. You basically sit back and collect payments and let some other company do all the leg work… :wink:

Damn it, I guess I gotta get into Magic cards now…

1 Like

looks like bodies (dc/vertigo ) was actually made and released

1 Like

Movie or show. It’s been so long since the announcement

episodes might be on netflix
found it on my “firestick”

2 Likes

Do any of you engage in various Instagram type sales? There have been a few lately with some really nice offerings, but I can never, ever, get a claim in on these types of sales. I’ve tried wifi, data, my phone versus my tablet versus by pc even.

I’ll even have a claim typed out and ready to roll etc.

maybe it’s just my old man reflexes lol.

1 Like

Set notifications for that specific person/shop, I agree some are tough to snag. Same with the Facebook groups, some awesome stuff, but unless you live on it, you might miss it.

1 Like

boom reusing cover art but this time adding FOIL

Great marketing and sales tactic… use same art, change it up, save on costs and the consumers eat it up. We can only blame ourselves as consumers…

6 Likes

You seem negative. If it wasn’t for foil facsimiles, I might stop buying comics all together. I might have 2 or 3 monthly books for reads…and that’s it.

I’m the problem it’s me…

I’m the same way. I’ve only been buying the foil facsimiles the past few months, just the cover priced ones not the overpriced “con” exclusives. If Marvel and DC stopped making them I would have no more reason to go to my comic shop :laughing:

Has anyone watched (or tried to watch) Mech Cadets on Netflix? Watched 1 episode as a goof today.

It seems like it is almost exactly Transformers complete with giant robotic looking organisms from space. Plus giant monsters they fight.
I mean whats the difference other than this “bonding”. I dunno… seems like a cheap rip-off

You’re just weak… resist buying things you don’t necessarily need. :wink:

I don’t need comics, but they’re neat!

1 Like

I just purchased Agents of Atlas #1 at a super tiny show/craft/flea for $7.
It’s a book I never had, always saw buzz around, and never really paid much attention to.
But seeing it for $7, well… you just buy even if “green” and thinking it was a good deal.

Then I got home and looked at sold prices. Holy freakin’ cow. I know these had some reasonable value at one time years ago but they’re like barely a blip on a radar now. I’m still happy I got it finally after all these years, but wow oh wow how the mighty have fallen.

3 Likes

It sure has fallen. :cry: I think any Shang-Chi news should help. I still have hope for these characters.

2 Likes

Market is down. Correction has happened. Nothing will help. Movie speculation is dead.

This is the new reality.

Only FOMO on newly released books sell now

1 Like

When every new first appearance is hyped as well, things are gonna fall flat real fast…

1 Like

I buy for my PC and potentially long term investments, I’m fine with movie spec dying and flippers/scalpers taking in the :shorts:. The comic hobby got hijacked by card bros who spent thousands on Johnny Manziel.

3 Likes