PSA grading suspends service until July

I was not happy with my last PGX submission 2 out of 3 books I sold from my last submission popped open in the mail or the inner bag broke. I can no longer recommend pgx to anyone.

3 Likes

Sure they will fix it but Iā€™m not sending back 60 books to have them redo when they will probably pop open and damage the books.

1 Like

I donā€™t own many PGX books but the ones I do seem to be graded accurately and the cases are good as well. Iā€™ve held a black light up to them to see if there was any restoration that was missed as well as checked to see if there was any trimming missed. All look good on the ones I have. I do know they had a bad rep in the past but lately I havenā€™t heard of any gross incompetence with them. It would be nice if they could gain more positive reputation because having three reputable grading companies would only be good for the consumer.

Their grading and restoration catching has always been up to par, their pricing is the best. I have 150 pgx graded books or so. But now that I sell I canā€™t take chances of damages during shipping.

I have several of these.

https://comicskin.com/

Did you print out 9.8 header label things LOL? Just kidding

1 Like

I rather wait till July to send my Pokemon cards in. I got some original ones that I have seen prices rise like crazy. Iā€™m fine with waiting as long as the grading is accurate unlike CGC lol.

Wow. You were the PGX champion on here. Who do you think you will use now?

Iā€™ve seen numerous stories of people cracking PGX, pressing and getting good CGC grades. I donā€™t think PGX grading is bad.

Anyways, PSA should suspend taking new orders if they canā€™t keep up. Otherwise, the work gets sloppy. CGC is another that should follow suit.

2 Likes

What does that mean?

Every book gets its own unique grade (9.800000000001, 9.79999999989999999997, etc).

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ I nominate you as my top grader. Iā€™ll snap a pic and you grade it based on one fuzzy picture.

1 Like

Didnā€™rt realize I read this here, and likedā€¦and then found two Larry Birds in a box of flea market cards, I bought Sunday. Sigh. One Michael Jordan Collegiate. Not the big one, but a find in the wild is always fun.

1 Like

what condition are the cards?

1 Like

Actually really good. Been taking my time going thru them. Lost my soft sleeves, so on hold till I get some ordered. Doubt 10. But, never know. With the chaos going on, maybe worth seeing if BGS is still doing them.

1 Like

CSG is a division of CGC and recently moved into sportscards grading. Reasonably priced and backed by a repeatable company like CGC. I am not a fan of BGS.

1 Like

Appreciate the info. Thank you.