Quick Specs: Controversial Spidey Books

I mean, he is Latinx and Jewish so it is funny some folks online are writing about this Miles comic as if some racist wrote it. To Mercado’s credit, he’s taken criticism and compliments in stride, jokingly tweeting when someone said he was, “Some white dude,” that maybe he, “Should’ve worn a sombrero,” in his profile picture so folks realize he’s Latinx.

All this controversy makes me want to read my copy sooner and see what the fuss is about, so mission accomplished?

When I went through this I thought, at first, the controversy would be about yet another legitimate, lazy, dumb writing attempt by creating yet another marvel amalgam character. Just toss together any two characters and go! So so original. (Yes, I know it’s a “What If”)
Then I was brought back to the real world after reading :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Cap fighting vampires is definitely cool. He did it as an Invader and there were a couple issues (253-254) he fought Baron Blood a second time.

Now as Blade? Sure, these stories are What Ifs. It’s meant to be fun.

But then again Alana has a point. When he was an agent of Hydra, the community lost its sh*t.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Not the entire world. Just a very loud hypocritical minority with selfish, destructive ulterior motives of their own.

HR picked it up a week later…

By the terrific creative team of Roger Stern and John Byrne.

Roger Stern is one of the nicest comic creators I’ve met.