Show us your money makers

Retracting my statement, high sales low margin = 1/4 what i make. (Sorry late night and just having my coffee)

I was doing well during the summer craze but for October, I slowed things down by not listing as much. Sold 7 items/listings for $550 or so for the entire month of October…

last_month_sales

1 Like

I do everything through PayPal and make all my purchases through my PayPal debit card. Makes it super easy to keep track of and just hand everything over to my accountant at the end of the year (yes, I do over 200 transactions and $20,000 a year so it is all reported. I also do not do friends and family transactions unless it really is a friend who is sending me money)

2 Likes

I like your humble brag of the 2 Paid – ship now listings. :wink:

1 Like

That’s the thing. Certain millionaires do not actually have income. So they would not report income tax. Many (Warren Buffett for example) is all capital gains, so he would have to pay capital gains taxes, not income taxes) but could end up paying very little in income taxes if any at all.

Just got my selling limit extended from eBay so should be higher in the future so here’s mercari and ebay

2 Likes

This has been fun to see. I am a super neophyte at this… basically I’m offloading some unused Magic cards and miscellaneous Lego sets we’ve acquired to fund comic book purchases (and I only started reading comics 18 months ago… looooots to catch up on).

1 Like

I dont have a registered business, but I treat my speculation, and my comic hobby, as if I were running a business, ie; I keep all my receipts.
Im Canadian, so I don’t pay US federal or state taxes.

Lol. Wasn’t meant to be that way. Sold some books last night. A set of Luther Strode 1-6 for $170 and a Cult of Dracula #1 for $8.99. Two very different types of sales.

1 Like

Oh, don’t mistake my post as anything but having a laugh. It’s great that you sold stuff recently, congrats! :slight_smile:

(I suppose it’s so hard to tell teasing/joshing from heckling. I exclusively use the former)

It’s all good. No offense was taken.

1 Like

What I like about this thread is people say “you can’t make a living flipping comics” or “you will never get rich flipping comics” well that may be true but you can still pull in damn good money doing it.

2 Likes

I switched to Ebay payments so I get 10,000 free listings a month because I have a basic store that costs like 4.99 a month or something. I don’t have 10,000 items to list but I do have about 2000 things to list. Not all of this is comic sales.

Capture

3 Likes

eh

1 Like

If you can amass the army of lawyers those billionaires can get to deal with the IRS agents, then you can avoid paying full taxes, too!

Here’s my 90 day total. I don’t really sell many comics. Most of what I sell are art prints, and gaming things. (MTG cards, Pokemon cards, retro video games, etc.)

2 Likes

Love retro gaming…If you ever get any rare 1995 or earlier video game mags or hard to find Sega games (complete) hit me up.

For me, it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster ride lately. Had one big sale that really pumped up my numbers over $1000, which was a sweet win. But the rest of it has been a mix of small flips and some hits and misses.

4 Likes

I have had a bunch of smaller sales lately. Things have quieted down to be honest. But I did sell a X-Files TMNT variant I got for $5 and made a huge profit off it and another X-Files variant I got for $1 that was a great profit.

1 Like