Strange Academy Finals possible 1st app

I own a few copies of #1, but based on how the market has gone in the past it will be marked as a “cameo” and if the character is named in a later issue that site will flag that as 1st appearance and it’s game over for #1 unfortunately. I don’t necessarily agree with that but based on past events this is the likely scenario.

In this issue they basically reconned this character into past events just so they can update new readers of this series. So it’s possible they won’t use this character any further than a plot device.

And you only get paid a fraction of your day’s pay as it was not a full appearance!

I’m salaried, I get paid even if I don’t show up… :wink:

Being “named” has nothing to do with whether a character’s appearance is full or cameo. I’ve never seen it officially used or noted as a discriminator between the two. Anyone trying to make the argument in such a manner is making it up, or following someone else’s lead who made it up.

Like I said, I don’t agree with it, not my rules. But historically this is what has happened.

This is what we call… “the market decides what’s the most desirable”…

2 Likes

If memory serves, there are many examples of being named is not the book to have. She speaks and has multiple panels.

Actually she doesn’t say a word… we’re “hearing” her thoughts as she writes a letter. But yes I agree there are many examples of other books that could be firsts and are not. But we won’t open that can of wolverines. lol

I’ve had days in the past for awful jobs where I’ve showed up, talked, dealt with customers, and STILL had to argue to management that I was in fact there that day and clocked in.

1 Like

If she is on the cvr of the next issue she appears, then that will probably be the one to have. However, most likely if anything comes of the character, #1 will be the desired one because she’s not on any covers.

1 Like

There’s a 2nd print for it now. I imagine there’s a shot she’s on the cover for that. But if she is, then I imagine it will also be pretty heavily ordered.

I doubt she’ll be on there. There’s no interior page with her that’s worth being on a cvr

2 Likes

I will never work a job where I have to “clock in”… to prove I was “working”… my work completed is proof I get the job done. If it takes me 2 hours a week or 80 hours, as long as I meet any deadlines, that’s all they require from me.

2 Likes