TFAW Shipment - Restoring Faith for those who Lost It!

As of now, the policy is roughly ~4-5 comics gets sent in cardboard. Likely 4 if they’re bagged and boarded. It’s mainly dependent on the weight and being pushed to the slower and more expensive Ground vs BPM Expedited.

If ANY comic in the order is $8 or higher, it should be sent in a cardboard mailer even if it’s a single issue.

I love some of the new features in the pre-order options but a really cool one I think would be a minimum book amount. Like, I can put in say a value of 5… If the next order doesnt have a minimum of 5 books (so a cardboard mailer is used), it will skip and wait until there are 5 or more from future pre-orders.

2 Likes

All my venom 1:25 variants were sent in flimsy mailers. But that was a year ago. Has anyone been getting boxes with more expensive issues?

Yeah, but that could go one of two ways.

One way is that if you want your books faster, buy more books…that would be to TFAW benefit, obviously.

The other way is that someone like me who doesn’t order for a while has a book sitting there for months because they didn’t buy a 5th book…and TFAW is stuck with it.

So there has to be a limit, I would think. Like if there are not other books on pre-order over the course of the next 3 Weeks it gets shipped out as is.

I still think if it’s a cost thing why TFAW doesnt ship in boxes, then make it a solution that addresses cost. As in, passes that cost onto the consumer.

“Comic shipments less than 4 shipped in box?

Yes = add $1.00 per shipment
No = no added cost (defaults to current process).

I would think TFAW would want to conduct a survey before investing in such a change as I’m sure there’s software updates involved. Shouldn’t make big complicated changes to such things without demonstrating a desire/need from the customers.

Hey, Maybe @agentpoyo can offer his services for future purchases!

Yes, I have.

Perhaps if you have a limit of say, 5 books minimum and you sit there there for a month without adding any additional, after X amount of days they can charge and send you the books. I’d say a month is sufficient.

The rules for the more expensive variants is something I pushed for a few months ago, so anything pre-COVID likely still followed whatever the previous rules were. If anyone has ordered a single book that’s more expensive in the last few months and had it sent in an envelope mailer, please let me know.

As for making it an option to upgrade to a cardboard mailer, as I mentioned that’s something we’re discussing. The problem is our site has a lot of custom code and modifications to work with all the various systems needed to do things like have pre-orders, place backorders, etc. So any change that impacts the way orders are placed or charged touches a lot more things and requires more developer work than you’d think.

2 Likes

Just got my monthly TFAW shipment. Great condition. And all books were bagged and boarded…for free.

I noticed color variations on the Bachalo variant…

Nice stack of WW800 :+1:

1 Like

TFAW has been shipping my books in bags and boards then they put them in the comic book mailer. Nothing else to keep the books from sliding around. Had 2 shipments like this and my books are getting dinged up at the corner. SMH

1 Like

A box.
A mailer.
It just doesnt seem to matter.
Tfaw just doesnt get it and/or they dont care and/or they know and its financially better for them with crap shipping materials

Theyre running neck to neck with cgc for highest percentage of damaged shipments.

1 Like

Same. Although they very quickly replaced them at no cost. Still do wish they just shipped it correctly to begin with.

2 Likes

I have them shipped monthly, so they cram the mailer so full there’s no possibility books will slide around…basically busting at the seams.

I keep getting the same issue with them where my books end up with some kind of ding in the corner. They suck and I don’t even know why I keep ordering from them.

2 Likes

yep Yep… that ding in the corner.
The backing board is almost always dinged and the comic is about half the time.

Has anyone tried making a claim for books with spine ticks? I have two 1:100 books and they both suffered noticeable spine ticks. I don’t think it is from the transit itself, but maybe from packaging or printing issues? I’m not sure whether it is a waste of time to make a claim. Of course all my non-incentive books suffered no damages.

1 Like

You can try

1 Like

I had to reach out to their support on a $100 incentive during the summer. It took me being persistant but they ended up finally helping me out. I’d reach out to their support and hopefully you get Kyle. He takes a bit of time to get back to you but stay on them.

I’ve noticed of late I’m getting my packages much faster from them then the last few months.

1 Like

Any ratio book of a low print title is going to be a gamble. Marvel/DC seem to make through ok…but IDW books are risky. Most of my damaged incentives over the years have been them.

That being said, they cancelled my Voids Rivals 1:25 Shockwave spoiler cover…said the order was cancelled by the distributor. I got in early too (pre FOC price)…I’d rather have that happens then get a damaged book , though.

1 Like