The Crimes of MyComicShop

I had a huge roll myself for the longest time before the jump in price. Can’t remember how much I paid for each but I know it wasn’t 55 cents each.

I’ve got Forever Stamps that cost .41 cents … and they said stamps had no spec value … :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Making money every time you mail something

Don’t forget about the cost of gas to drive to the post office…or the electricity used to power the printer and your computer/device and keep your storage area at a controlled temperature and humidity. And your rent/mortgage for the space for your storage.

Most states now have laws that require you to pay state tax for your state for internet purchase. eBay collects it automatically, as most now do as those businesses will report it. MileHigh’s system is so archaic, that it probably would break it if they tried to upgrade it to calculate your states sales tax…so I believe you’re supposed to declare it. I can’t think Of another online shop that doesn’t collect tax now.

1 Like

I don’t pay a dime for materials other than tape and paper/ink. I reuse Gemini mailers and I get strong cardboard from boxes at BJS and Costco. I use paper grocery bags to wrap them, or re-use plastic shipping bags or mailers if I stack cardboard.

If I use 4 layers of venom thick Cardboard, I can get just about all single comics to weigh in at 11-12 oz. That puts me at about $4 give or take 20 cents to mail.

eBay and PayPal fees equal about 12.5% total. So I charge a standard $4.50,for first class.

I will say if I could get tough mailers for 50 cents and get comics down to 8 oz it’d pay for itself and save me some hours slicing boxes…

I mail comics at $4.99 up to a lb $9.99 for 3 -15 books. I reuse Gemini and don’t sell when I have none. Ink is a f b I use to pay $40 every 3 months now I just print at my work for free.

I sell on mercari too 10% no PayPal fees vs eBay with PayPal fees 12.5%

Hi all, I confirmed with USPS directly- although they should have shipped it economy like I paid for, MCS has been spending .99 cents to a dollar to ship it as bound printed matter (like a magazine) in bulk, which cuts down on their costs but also adds an extra two weeks to my shipping time, since bound matter gets scanned last en masse behind even economy. They’ve done this to me twice but this time the wait was intolerable. The .99 was the deal they got or worked out for this time with the post, but it’s a far cry from normal economy for 4.99 (And no offense taken Anthony, people don’t get my sarcastic humor but I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone).

What I’m not clear on is if this is happening to everybody? When is everyone else getting their orders form this company, within the 2-8 days or two to three weeks like I’ve been waiting, which violates when they say to expect your order for the price you pay on their site? It’s important as I need to know if they’re doing something underhanded to report. I cannot imagine I’m special and being singled out by them.

It’s basically media mail which would be about 6-8 weeks to get to me.

I answered this for you earlier and you kind of pushed me off. Scroll up and I gave you the shipping method they used and timeline on each of my orders. I wasn’t trying to be a contrarian, I’m surely not a cool kid, just sharing with you my experience with them as ive ordered several times in the last 2 months, a larger sample size then your one order. None of mine were the length of time you stated, not even close. I think your package just got caught up in the mail system. It happens, and much more often these days. Best of luck to you.

I had an order from TFAW and an order from MyComicShop both shipped to me on 6/30, the exact same same day.

Shipping plus bags/boards cost me $30.16 from TFAW.

Shipping plus bags/boards cost me $4.95 from MCS.

They both arrived at my house the same day.

You mistake me fishing for a larger sample size as pushing you off. And, no offense, but you buried the lede with the long commentary you gave against me to try to end the subject before it could have gotten going about how I’m entitled or whatever. I don’t really “care,” as I’m really trying to stress, but that doesn’t seem to be too helpful. I read what you wrote, you received it within 5-12 days, which is what I used to as well. It’s now been over 3 weeks for this last order with it stuck in the same place and MCS beyond not caring, that would drive anyone nuts.

There’s a difference between me craving sympathy or whatever impression I seem to be giving, and rolling my eyes when the first answer out of the gate is what you said and then criticizing me for not reading your answer. I read what I could of it, I still have zero idea if this bound printed matter thing is happening to anyone besides me, you or Alana. Again- I hear what you’re saying, but I have zero interest in how their shipping costs break down as that’s irrelevant to the point, so sorry?

Curious how you confirmed this, because it makes no sense. That sounds like a shipping method for loose magazines (i.e. magazine subscriptions), and not something you can use to ship a box.

I order from MCS all the time and have never had an issue with their economy shipping. The one time I had a damaged comic (damaged from handling, not from shipping) they refunded my purchase with no questions asked.

I have a few orders with them…I’ll get back to you on this.

So my June 10th order was shipped on June 11th. It took 15 days to reach me. 4 days travel from TX to MA (not unusual). 9 of those days It sat in Springfield, MA before being sent to my local PO ( dry unusual). A day later it was delivered.

Update: By comparison a couple recent shipments from unknowncomicbooks this month (also located in TX) took 1-2 days to reach Springfield and only spent 1- days before reaching my local PO after that.

Thanks for the freebies @D-Rog nice stuff. There’s no dollar general here so appreciate the Far from Home book.

1 Like

I have an order in transit from NYCollectorCave. My Venom 25 2nd prints. The left the Bronx on 7/16. Mind you I live 2hrs drive away. Still in transit to “the next facility…”

They offer the option of shipping media mail for like $3…and I use it every time…but being close items always have arrived in less than a week, so this is highly unusual.

Let me share two recent orders from Mycomicshop shop.

Two orders one placed on 7/15 and one placed on 7/17

The 7/17 order has arrived. It’s not showing As delivered in the tracking as usps never scanned it. But I have the book I ordered. (Price was cheaper than 9.8’s listed on eBay for the same slab by the way) and the 7/15 order is scheduled to arrive today. I use their basic $5 shipping

1 Like

Best of luck to you mate. Hope it arrives soon. Cheers.

I think Mycomicshop is pretty solid and I will give them a pass on the arrival time. If you’re a hardcore flipper, yeah I get it, probably frustrating. What I do know is that my books from mycomic show up packed very well and in waaay better shape then Midtown. Solid 9.4-9.6 avg. from mycomic. Midtown 9.2 avg.

1 Like

A bit more… I switched my preorders from Midtown to mycomicshop about a year ago and I’m extremely happy with the improvement in the condition of the books. Last thing I’ll say, if they have figured out a way to get me my books in good condition for 99 cents and they keep the rest I’m good with that. They’re charging the going rate or less.

2 Likes