Tuesday night spoiler request

DC only comes thru Lunar unless you’re in the UK where Diamond still plays middleman for I believe.
Marvel, IDW and Dark Horse are from PRH but Diamond can resell them at lower discounts plus shipping.
Image is from Lunar but like with the PRH titles, Diamond is allowed to resell them at lower discounts.
There’s a whole herd of smaller publishers that are available from 2 of the 3.

Cheat code for Diamond is to just check Previewsworld.com
Final Orders Due - Previews World
That shows you most items but there are still others that are exclusive to PRH and some stuff is exclusive to Lunar so to actually have everything available, you have to order weekly or at least monthly from all 3.

Diamond historically has been the worst at packing and shipping and the most expensive to ship. Damages are a regular occurrence. Just today I got a box of Image trades from Diamond because I thought they would ship USPS as part of the test program and for some reason Lunar refuses to keep the Image trades in stock and available at anywhere near complete selection. I’ve been waiting patiently to be able to order the ones I’m out of that Lunar is also out of thru the lower USPS rates but instead they send the evil little box out UPS and as usually there was a corner ding to one of the ones on the end and I’m sure I will not be happy next Wednesday when I see what the UPS rate charged was.

To check Lunar just go to Home - Lunar Distribution and scroll down to their scrolling FOC list and you can see everything FOCing although there are currently two lists FOCing each week a day apart. Other items they carry like BCW can be directly searched from their search engine. Lunar’s great at shipping, the best at packing and protecting and the typical box, any size, any weight usually ships for less than $12 a box. Replacements and reorders usually arrive with the next weeks box where Diamond can take two weeks or more sometimes. General rule with Lunar is any time you have less then 200 comics coming, order 1000 comic bags or some BCW stuff and they’ll upgrade you to the double sized box so the bags essentially ship free. 1000 bags, 40 top loaders, anything that’ll fit in the space a single comic box from them normally takes up.

For Penguin, there really is no great option unless you’re on the wholesale site for retailers. The public site still doesn’t offer a simple everything that’s on FOC this week list like Lunar so the best I can say there is to just check Marvel, IDW and Dark Horse directly from previewsworld. They have a website if you want to look for specific items but I can’t made sense of it for weekly FOC needs. For items like Little Golden Books and other goodies that wouldn’t be on previewsworld, it would help to let your local store know you’re interested in other stuff so they can let you know what’s coming out or FOCing you may not be aware of. Coming Soon - Homepage - Comics (no mature, family-driven, not randomized) - Penguin Random House Comics Retail (prhcomics.com) Penguin larger shipments are as good as Lunar, double box surrounded by something between them. Small shipments that get the foldover are a crapshoot like this week and the other warehouse for trades is just a disaster waiting to happen. The good news there is they ship everything for free and have never turned down a replacement request, sometimes even shipping the same book for free 3 times before we finally get one with the corners intact. They also are usually the fastest to get anything to you. I get something from them every day most weeks. Don’t forget they’re also a huge real book book supplier so anything on the main website, Penguin Random House your local store can order in for you just like they do with comics. You need a cookbook or some Captain Underpants t-shirt, etc… just have it ordered and it should come fast. Maybe even a book with words for the wife. The ones that don’t have any pictures once you get past the cover.

1 Like

High Republic Adventures #4 (1st Niv Drendow?)

Thundercats 2, 1st Calica.

Transformers #6, end of story arc

Avengers Twilight #4

Ghost rider Final Vengeance #1

Symbiote Spider-man #1

What if venom #2

4 Likes

He was in 3 or 4 panels of HRA #3. Seemed like a full to me, but I’m sure people will argue about it.

#4 is supposed to have 1st appearances of a couple new Jedi Masters and Padawans and some new villains. Unsure how consequential they will be but its a buy for me.

Problem is I often don’t know who is new in Star Wars and who has been introduced. I haven’t followed High Republic since second series #1

1 Like

Must’ve missed issue 3. When I looked this up at FOC the only reference to the character were from the novels.

Spoilers are all up

1 Like

Web of Spider-Man (new goblin?)

Star Wars Visions (origin/history of Ronin. Any new characters?)

Really light week

1 Like

Perhaps the real spoilers were the friends we made along the way!

First appearance of a Grysk? In Hologram?

Thrawn #3

Hardly qualifies as a cameo imo, just holograms of spaceships

But they’re NAMED!!! Naming is everything when it comes to qualifying as an “appearance….”

:crazy_face:

Still an appearance if you ask me…

That’s nonsense… are they seen or known? Then it’s an appearance as well…

If you saw me in the park but didn’t know my name, I still appeared… This whole, “doesn’t qualify” talk is just utter crap… Appearances are exactly that, they appeared. If they aren’t in the book, then they didn’t appear.

Also… If I show up to the meeting via camera (or hologram when they are invented and used) at work, I appeared at the meeting. Physically there is not a requirement to “appear”… Same rules in life can be used in fictional comics.

But if your bosses at work are talking about you and watching a video of your car driving around it doesn’t mean you have made an appearance yet. Maybe your wife is inside the car going to pick up groceries. It’s just an appearance of your car, we don’t know who’s inside. Until you step out, then you have made an appearance.

If you didn’t talk in the meeting, it’s just a cameo.

2 Likes

What if your meeting is inside Incredible Hulk 180, you talk to the others in the meeting, introduce yourself by name, and show your full body? :thinking: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, no one wants to see that…keep it cameo!!!

If you die and I shoot you, you don’t die again. You’re already dead

You can’t over die. You can’t over dry.

There are no big coincidences and small coincidences…a coincidence is just a coincidence.

And cameos are appearances.

1 Like