Virus + Codex identity theories

Even better. True 1st appearance of Codex :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Everyone, send me your Venom #25 Black Blank Variants and I’ll throw the Knull/Codex symbol on it… Poyo Limited Exclusive… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t tempt us… I may get one just for this purpose lol. I have the purple Wednesday variant though!

Well, the Thor #5 Third Print makes up for this clownshow.

Here’s the 1:25 2nd print. No Codex = pass from me. There seems to be a theme with 2nd prints being garbage and 3rd prints having the character on the cover. Releasing the art prior to FOC can save us from buying thrash like this, but it can also hurt spec like with the Thor 3rd print which I imagine will be ordered like crazy now.

Agreed except for the fact that I continue to believe folks like us that follow this stuff are the huge minority. Time and time again I see proof of this fact.

Folks are busy, don’t watch, don’t care, miss the boat, forget, etc, etc. Realistically, there is a pretty little window of time for people to jump on these. TFAW for example has a one per limit on the Thor book. I’m not saying it will be difficult to get them, but I’d wager freely on the fact that come release day…that the Thor book is going to be a winner winner chicken dinner.

4 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the 1st print 1:100? I think it’s awesome. This is a great long-term hold IMO.

Sorry you’re right, this is the one

That’s not the 2nd print 1:25 they aren’t going to reuse cover A 1st print art and call it an incentive variant.

That’s the cover that Previews is showing, so should be final art.

1 Like

“ Final art may vary and will have trade dress (logos) unless stated in title that it will be a virgin cover. ”

Usually when they release it with the trade dressing on the cover… it’s the final cover. But… ya never know right? :wink:

The only place I saw that cover listed is Golden Apple and they also had the wrong art up at first for 1:100 variant for #27 1st print when it was on preorder.

Dog exactly my point in another thread. WE are the minority and its proven every week from to my 2 LCS who missed these 2nd and 3rd prints of Thor and Venom before. And when they did find out right before cut off they felt the demand wouldn’t be high. And I beleive it more when I can sell a 2nd n 3rd print I bought for 2.79 for $25-$30 because most shops are like mine they jus didnt know.

2 Likes

Ugh. Rough news on the Venom 27 2nd and 1:25.

Yeah, I’m glad I didn’t grab any.

Man, the art on the Venom 27 2nd print is TERRIBLE. It’s like the artist drew that page so it WOULD become a cover,…

I dunno, maybe I’m in the minority but I kind of like the Symbiote Avengers splash. It’s Cates… this could become a thing just as much as Virus or Codex.

1 Like

I noticed they pulled the cover down - https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN208907

Maybe they read our reactions and they’re giving us Codex now lol!

I might have to order now … ugh!

2 Likes