When in Doubt…Dan Mora

I forgot all about Nick and Mallory. That’s a throwback!

Was caught off guard by the Fox likeness at first, but… that’s pretty much his current appearance.

The one celebrity I think Mora did have a minor miss with was Weird Al. You know who it is with the accordion and Hawaiian shirt, but if you isolate the face? Hmm.

1 Like

yeah, I mixed up my Chachi last names

TEEN TITANS #1 CVR B DAN MORA CARD STOCK VAR
Dan Mora doing Red Hood has been very popular…

3 Likes

POISON IVY #48 CVR C DAN MORA CARD STOCK VAR

2 Likes

It looks like the market for Nightwing #105 is about to die if they’re reprinting that cover for #140.

I think it’s funny it’s playing Taylor swift music.

Sold all my 105s long ago anyway….

Hmmm… I’m going to cut & run on my Mora stuff. If that becomes a trend I don’t want to be left with any of it.

3 Likes

I’ve cut bait on Mora a while ago. Once the masses hopped on the train it’s all over. I was helping a friend set up at a convention recently and one after another people came in asking for Mora covers (Nightwings, World’s Finest).

2 Likes

2 Likes

Was super excited to run across Dan Mora’s batgirl covers but they don’t seem to be doing anything so I left them for now.

Yeah…it seems like his A covers are not as desirable as variant…probably because his variants are harder to come by. You’ll notice Middleton did the variants for the Batgirl run and gets the attention.

Same goes for his Detective Comics Run.

I grab them if I see them for $1 in high grade…but otherwise I pass as well.

Particularly 18 as it has the Batgirl/Harley battle in the snow.

Lots of good Mora variants on the horizon. This Bad Seeds storyline looks interesting. DC putting a lot into it. Man, there’s so much good stuff that DC is doing right now.

Detective 1113

Detective 1114

4 Likes

I’m going to keep a eye on that one since Robin and Nightwing are on the cover and done well in the past, especially if the story line is good…I sure hope it is. All those covers are pretty dope. Is the freeze in the last one?

1 Like

Little different style than he’s used to. Going for a skottie young type cartoonish character look.

4 Likes

Really like that cover, good on Mora for trying something different.

2 Likes

He and Skottie had a video recently of them drawing sketches of their versions of Batman. I bet it was inspiration from that content.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ok. Who is going to NYCC?

2 Likes