I, from time to time, like to toot our own horns. I also like to mark landmark events in the life of the site. CHU just passed the 15,000,000 total views mark earlier today.

For perspective, our first month in existence, we got 48 views. Honestly I was surprised anyone but me was looking at the site. (we ended up with over 263,000 views that year.)

We got our first 1,000,000 views by October 2014, about a year and 7 months after the site started. 2014 was also the first year we ended up over a million views.

We surpassed the 5,000,000 mark in February of 2016.

We hit the 10,000,000 Mark in December 2018

And of course the 15,000,000 mark in August 2020.

2020 has been a tough year for comics. We could have hit that 15,000,000 mark earlier had it not been for March and April 2020, when the comic industry shut down. In fact, it was a pretty hard hit for the site. No new comics made it tough to pump out stories. With the hit we took in traffic between March and June of 2020, 2020 will be the first year with out growth in traffic. However, we also added the forum, which as of late, had been adding 10,000 views per day to our site total, so while the main site lost traffic, my friends on the forum, you have kept the site afloat with your awesome conversations, insight, spec, and sometimes general non-sense.

So for all that, from myself, and everyone who contributes to the site, THANK YOU.

Thank you for being here, being a part of the site, and just being pretty damn awesome.

Anthony (evil overlord and head chimp in charge)

18 Likes

Congrats! Well deserved

1 Like

Kudos, and thanks for creating this great resource. The comic sellers I purchase from love you, and my bank account despises you. :smiley: Here’s to another 15 million!

2 Likes

I’ve been a silent lurker on the main site for years, but I’ve been leaning into this forum recently and really enjoying it. Thanks to everyone who hosts and contributes to CHU. I learn something new all the time here.

2 Likes

What makes this site great is the community. You have attracted a great set of collectors, speculators, and avid readers into one melting pot. Comic collecting diversity at its finest!

2 Likes

Best comic oriented site out there. I bet with you implementing the forums, you’ll hit 20 million before you know it.

Forums are a great strategy for creating good organic content and that’s exactly what Google looks for.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Best comic site anywhere! Congrats! :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Congrats!! Great site and forum

2 Likes

Woooo!

2 Likes

NiCe :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats on the milestone. Definitely a testament to all the hard work of the creators and contributors. The content is always top notch and discussions fun.

2 Likes

And he couldn’t even add this to the proper category… I should silence the op for a day… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways… :chu: is :100: awesomeness!!!

2 Likes

WooooHooooo, congrats, this is a great site and forum… i check it on a daily basis. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats, awesome achievement!

Are ads the only way the site pays for itself? I’ve whitelisted the site, but if there are other ways to support the site I’d be interested.

Affiliate links are the other method (yes, so clicking links if interested in buying stuff helps out as well).

1 Like

I had actually been thinking about starting a new Thread congratulating the CHU Crew on the success of the Forum, having watched it grow since the get go …

I remember those early days … (not all that long ago)

Haha… yes, rough start but I’m glad people are finally utilizing it more. It’s the whole purpose, to allow everyone to have a voice, strike up conversations, debates, etc with other people who have the same interests.

I tried to come here in the very beginning but the forum software turned me off. Glad I got past that and now I actually like it.

First time writing on here, but long time reader and fan. This is a great site. I’ve been made aware of key issues that would have fallen way under my radar. I have a great collection and been able to let this hobby of mine sustain itself by getting great spec advice—which is great for justifying to the wife what I spend. Thank you.

3 Likes