2015 Spider Gwen #1 Sell/Hold?

I have stack of the 2015 SpiderGwen #1, Looking for some advice. Should I sell the books Raw, Get them slabbed and then sell, or Hold for the long term?

All the books are potentially 9.6 or better.

1 Like

A 9.8 copy will always sell for a premium but the wait…well, if you can wait and they are high grade, send them in.

My advice is sell a couple raws to cover thr grading costs, then get them graded IF YOU CAN HOLD because sales could be slow.

2 Likes

Extremely undervalued IMO. 9.8 doesn’t get much at the moment and raw is really cheap. I think it can only go up.

I posted this on IG recently. The numbers are from covrprice in May but they haven’t changed much.

1 Like

The Miles is a 2nd appearance the Spider Gwen is not.

1 Like

It is the debut of their own series though, so I see the idea.

1 Like

I think most people still buy it for the 1st series. 2nd Spider-Gwen is still only $200 in 9.8 (ASM #9).

I would sell your 9.6 and keep your 9.8 for grading. Spider-Gwen 1 (most comics) are not commanding a premium as they were during covid lockdowns. Prices will eventually go back up but if you need money now then sell, but otherwise hold till the prices go back up. Just my 2 Cents

1 Like

That’s true people want the first series. Miles is older black cover that came in a poly bag so high grades are harder. When EOSV #2 came out it was a $50 book day one where as Ultimate Fallout #4 was $10 at the time so a lot of people bought heavy into Spider-Gwen #1 off the EOSV fomo also the 1:100 Hughes made people order more as well.

2 Likes

That’s a good point about the polybag, probably a much harder 9.8. I don’t think Spider-Gwen 1 will ever catch up to Miles but it has a lot of room for growth to close the gap.

1 Like

@Alana What’s a good price for EoSV 2 9.4 graded? I know you always know these kind of things and since we already are talking about Spider-gwen, I thought it would be a good time to ask. I’m just looking to add to my PC.

$500-$600 looks to be the going rate for a 9.4

Wow last few sales are lower than expected

1 Like

Plus Miles is a hard book to find in 9.4, much less 9.8.

And there’s a 3rd print of SG1 that’s a much lower print run that takes away from the 1st print.

2 Likes

Absolutely not true. As I went around local shops slowly picking up copies at cover price for several months. I was also picking them up online for cover price for at least a month and a half. Then it was $20, $30, etc. it was not an immediate $50 book but took several months to get to $50.

3 Likes

Yup… I almost bought 10 of them from Midtown but hesitated and ended up buying 4 instead. Then it was a week or two later I was in Kentucky visiting family and visited the local comic shop there, they had copies up on the shelf at cover price. I almost picked up a few but decided against it.

4 Likes