2019 NFL Season

Well…here’s a question for you all…Again, I’m in a three man keeper league that’s been going on for nearly 30 years now…

Who would you keep (it is a non-ppr league) David Johnson or Davante Adams? I’m really struggling with this choice.
I’m personally leaning towards Adams as I feel I may be able to get similar/close production from other backs nearing Johnsons level with a later pick, but I don’t think I’ll be able to do the same with regards to Adams with a later pick receiver?

Thoughts?

I’m getting the vibe that the receivers aren’t as bad as people outside the team presume they are. https://www.redskins.com/news/sure-handed-trey-quinn-has-locked-down-the-slot Seems to have hands of glue and separation ability. The two rookies appear legit and even Richardson can still run. Two tight ends are proven with Vernon Davis still blowing by people and therookie is another 6’8" matchup nightmare in jump and grab move the flag goal line situations. Thompson and Guice out of the back field can catch as well and who knows what they’ll have when Love gets cleared to play. Doctson and Sims may find themselves out on the street if they don’t start living up to their potential consistently.

The only thing they seem to be missing is the prema donna attitude you’d expect from that position. I’m still trying to picture a tight end Morgan Moses has to look up to see. How many 6’8" cornerbacks are there in the NFC to match up or would that be post up?

Maybe in a nickel or dime package would a CB be on a TE, but typically a CB wont be covering a TE, @BlondeStabby. That coverage is made by a LB.

Sorry for my loss?

That is not the hardware of a loser team. I’ll remember that, @Mike_C. Lol. You’re gonna eat those words come December. :wink:

The Raiders are like the neighborhood bicycle though… How many cities have taken them for a ride? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hard Knocks Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders airs tonight at 9pm CST on HBO

1 Like

First off, Poyo, no one city can hold the greatness of the RAIDERS organization. We are bigger than any given city.
Secondly, the RAIDERS have played in two cities. Oakland and Los Angeles. There a ton of teams, in pro sports, that have called different cities, home. Washington Nationals used to be the Montreal Expos, the great Lakers franchise originally played in Minnesota (hence the team name ‘Lakers’). And the famed Brooklyn Dodgers moved across the entire country to play in LA. :wink:

Yeah… but… but… they’re about to move again…

This was due to transportation becoming more reliable and faster… Raiders keep moving cause their owners are bored or something… :stuck_out_tongue:

We are moving because our original city, Oakland, is bankrupt. Thats it. The city cant help pay for a new facility, so business is moving out. Oakland lost the RAIDERS, the Warriors and almost lost the As. The only reason the As are staying is because investors are ponying up for a very small baseball only stadium, being built on the oceanside. And after Oakland, Vegas is the perfect city for the RAIDERS team, imo. Sin City and The Silver & Black were born for each other. And again, no one refers to the RAIDERS as ‘Oakland’ or ‘LA’. They are, and always have been, The RAAAIDAHS.

You know I’m just messin’ with ya right?

I know. I still feel the need to defend my teams honour. :wink: All good. :metal:

You cant take the effect, and make it the cause, Poyo. I didnt rob the bank because you made up the law. :wink:

Sure I can… cause I just did… :slight_smile:

Well, I guess you can. And did. But that doesnt make it so, my friend. (I really just wanted to throw the Jack White lyrics in, as I felt they were apt) :wink:.

What’s up CHU brethren!

NFL 2019 predictions, what ya got?

Let’s start with the AFC. Who do you think will take their divisions? Here’s my 2 cents:

AFC East: Patriots (unfortunately)

AFC North: Ravens

AFC West: Chiefs (KC is straight sick)

AFC South: Titans (If their QB stays healthy)

NFC East: Eagles (Sorry Skins fans, they got room to grow though - Haskins is the future!)

NFC North: Packers (Aaron’s redemption year)

NFC West: 49ers

NFC South: Saints

Nice. Prediction time.

NFC
East - Philly
West - Rams
North - Chicago
South - Atlanta

AFC
East - Patsies
West - RAIDERS
North - Cleveland
South -Jags

DPOY - Donald, DT, LAR :muscle:
OPOY - Carr, QB, Oak :skull_and_crossbones:
MVP - Mahomes, QB, Chefs :rocket:
DROY - Bush, LB, PIT :hammer:
OROY - Jacobs, RB, Oak :firecracker:

Im such a homer. :grin:

1 Like

Good call on JACOBS don’t sleep on that kid… RAIDERS!! :skull:

1 Like

have you looked at those rings? come on. you have an AFC champ ring in there. Thats like finding the decoder ring at the bottom of the Cheerios Box … everyone has one.

They are like the Door knob of the NFL , Everyone gets a turn :slight_smile:

1 Like