2020 Comics That Heated Up

Wolverine #6 and X-Force #13 - First Solem Appearances I’d throw on the list.

X-Men #2 First Summoner has fallen flat though now. I sold a #1 and #2 set on my big so long eBay auctions and it only sold for a whopping $1.25, I call that Snickers funds…

2 Likes

I would also add:

Darth Vader #1 and #2 on this list. Darth Vader #1 is an easy $20 book on average last time I checked and I sold over a dozen copies of Darth Vader #2 from $12 to $16.

1 Like

And Wolverine #6 is now back down to cover price, if what they were hyping about Solem is true and that he will be the new arch rival to wolverine in the future, I think it’s a good time to stock up on them. (I did not read any of x of swords, so not sure how Solem played out in the event)

1 Like

Yeah, those dropped pretty quick. Seems X-Men firsts are quick flips and then long term holds… they just don’t seem to have the same staying power as Marvel’s other titles and teams, etc.

2 Likes

How about that Marvel Action Avengers #10 Yellow Hulk book? I think it was this year. Not a fan of it…but was definitely red hot and still has some value well above cover?

Great book list. Just curious if you had to choose for a long term investment which one would want to have a 9.8 graded copy of?

Strange Academy 1 is my choice so many 1st appearances. The Skottie Young store variant 3k print I think they said in 9.8 selling for under $100 no love for this version. I tucked away some of them cause I liked the cover.

Close second is the Last Ronin Ashcan book. Just because most were damaged and so many Turtle fans dropping big cash on key Turtle books.

Spiderman 55LR last hot book of 2020 release?

2 Likes

I’m with you, Strange Academy #1 for sure.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it will be good spec, but AWA’s Year Zero #1 got a little love from readers and is now 3x-4x cover price.

I agree that Strange Academy will be the book for spec.

2 Likes

Mine didn’t sell for so much in my recent auctions. I had this one listed for around $15 for about 3 months with no nibbles. Didn’t sell it until I dropped the price to $6.99. But yes, I’d still put it on the list of hot books for the year as it did reach the $20-$25 range at one point.

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night. Still sells for $20.

2 Likes

Any of yall grab that Night Hunters comic? Came out last week or week before but its going for $15-$20+ online. I grabbed it cause I dug the cyberpunk stuff in it

I bought directly from the publisher/creators. I think it shipped so it’ll probably get here in 3 months due to USPS delays… :wink:

SAVAGE DRAGON #253 Cover B (Biden cover), has potential to go up in January as well.

1 Like

I’m new to the game, but I saw the love on these:

We Live #1 Cover A and the 1:15 incentive
Darth Vader 1 1:25 and 1:50 (gotta thank you guys for the heads up on this one…its made me a ton)
All Strange Academy (I got into collecting right when this series came out…lucky! - sold runs of this for $170 each)
Wonder Woman Annual #4 (after spec leaked, i sold these for $30 a piece!)
Year Zero (sold 5 issues and bought the TPB, made 2x cover)
Stillwater #1 (sold lots of these…they were always in stock at the shop i go to)
Star Wars Darth Vader 6, and the 2nd print, combined with Star Wars 7
Wolverine 6 / Xforce 13 combo w/ variants (sold these as 4 comics for $50…people are crazy)
Fantastic 4 #2 Antithesis Alex Ross Timeless (cool iceman cover)

Thanks all for the heads up, most of these I would not have known about had it not been for these forums and the posts on the main page. Cheers to next years comics! I’m excited!

1 Like

A whole bunch of good books that easily could have/should have made the list.

The one that makes me irritated that I missed it was Wolverine 6 and X-Force 13. Not that those were great, immediate spec books, but we talked about them a TON. That book should have been on the list!

1 Like

2020 was a terrible year, but it was a good year for comics.

1 Like

For making money and for reading. Great time to be a comic fan.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for some of the mentions here, there was a few I’d missed that I wanted to include in my post I had been working on.

1 Like

I did the same…grabbed 2 copies with shipping for $12…beats eBay prices. Also like you…not expecting anytime soon :grin:

After I saw it mentioned, I recalled them sending a shipping email… so I went and checked the tracking and yes, says delivery is January 5th but it hadn’t left their city yet. :slight_smile: