2021 American Silver Eagle - Reverse and Obverse Redesign

Just an FYI for you that collect coins as well, the newly reverse redesign and obverse updates of American Silver Eagle goes on sale today. Product limit is at 300k and it won’t last long with only them allowing 3 per household (secondary pre-sales already listing them between $120 to $300). First time the design has changed since it was introduced in 1986.

American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

Product Limit vs Mintage Limit

Mintage Limit is the max number made in a year and from a particular mint with mint mark. Product limit allows the mint to mint more that will be included in other ways like boxed sets, other sets, etc. Think of Product Limit as a ratio variant, only 300k will be available as a single standalone proof with case.

4 Likes

Good deal. I wish they would say how many of these are allotted to coin dealers. JMBullion is already preselling them for ~$160.

300k product limit, limited to 3 per. I think a lot of dealers will get and pay people to buy them on their behalf.

The mint did recently claim they changed their system to fight off the bots as it caused issues during the new 2021 Morgan Silver dollar release… (I tried, I couldn’t even get to checkout the system was so messed up).

What am I missing on the obverse? What is enhanced? The reverse reminds me of the Eisenhower dollar.

I make no guarantees of results on this coin because I don’t really know much about them but the last time Poyo posted about a coin I took a shot and bought a couple and made several hundred dollars reselling them on eBay

1 Like

The obverse (heads) features a refreshed depiction of Adolph A. Weinman’s full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left. For the 2021 coin, the United States Mint returned to its original historical assets to render a closer reflection of Weinman’s original vision that includes the addition of his traditional artist mark.

Mostly intricate details. Most probably won’t even notice unless you really pay attention to these coins from past years.

1 Like

I have a beautiful 58-60-ish 1944 walker, and a MS70 2018 eagle. I’ll have to put them under a loupe with this 2021 and study them.

Weinman was a genius. Walking Liberty is the most beautiful coin ever produced. Close second is the 50 pesos gold coin out of MX followed by Buffalo nickel / gold Buffalo, Standing Liberty quarter, and Winged Liberty dime.

Hey, why did we take Liberty off of our coins in the first place? I’d rather pay tribute to freedom than dead men and government officials…

I totally welcome Liberty back on our coinage and bills. I’d also rather see figures if chosen who actually made an impact to society over dead presidents.

Seems they improved the experience. Site got sluggish but I was able to checkout unlike the last time on the more sought after silver coins.

I was able to get 3. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Snagged one. Thanks.

Looks like it may be sold out already

I got zero :frowning: