2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #1 TBD ARTIST 4TH PRINTING VARIANT

ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #1 4TH PRINTING BLANK COVER VARIANT

Rook is fantastic …

1 Like

I like this design variant cover and surprised we never did get any ratios with the first book.

I love the 4th printing cover for Black Panther, so clean. Might have to get one for the PC.
My LCS went overboard on the 2nd printing of UBP 1. There’s 2 giant stacks of it still sitting on the shelf.

Sounds like your local retailer is acting like a consumer… :flushed:

No, he underordered UBP 1 first print just like everyone else and got bombarded with people looking for it when it popped. Figured he upped his order for the second print thinking people will buy it. Nope :upside_down_face:

Actually now that I think about it, he might have been chasing the 1:25 virgin variants :upside_down_face:

So my first comment likely stands… “acting like a consumer” rather than a retailer… :wink:

1 Like

It’s so bad because I have an LCS here that is going out of business for that very reason. It’s a small store but he would order 100 copies of the recent ASM series to get that 1:100 ratio. Of course he would sell 10 and have 90 left over. He does this for other titles too and now has so many comics he has to get a storage unit for. He can’t pay his bills so store is closing. He has to sell those ASMs and overstock for $1 each.

But he’s the worst kind of owner because he’s super lazy, doesn’t price his back issues and check prices at the counter, pulls hot books out of subscribers bins, etc. The writing was on the wall when he opened the shop a few years ago.

I’m glad that I’m seeing so many good reviews of Rook. I just ordered a signed copy from Midtown. Looking forward to reading it.

1 Like

I recommend Rook as well. And it’s this second print that I’ll buy multiple of to stash. First app of an antagonist at the end and I am thinking we also saw the primary antagonist briefly cameo’d on a TV screen.

this behavior will drive a store out of business almost as fast as chasing retailer incentives. Doing both is like accelating the process by a factor squared.

4 Likes

Sorry as I’ll just add on and I suppose I’m not keeping with the topic.

All of these Ghost Machine (Geiger, Rook, Redcoat,etc )books are just really cool imo. Clearly, it is the art and story that matters the most, but just the overall presentation of these comics. They look good, feel good, nice quality pages and cover. Great colors! I don’t mind spending my money on such a nice comic.

They’ve made me a buyer and I’ll buy everything I see related to them going forward unless I absolutely hate the story or something.

3 Likes

Stories are good.

Me too

X-MEN '97 #2 MARVEL ANIMATION 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

2 Likes

UNCANNY VALLEY #1 2ND PRINT

TRANSFORMERS #5 Second Printing Cvr A Jason Howard

TRANSFORMERS #5 Second Printing Cvr B Jason Howard Var

TRANSFORMERS #6 Second Printing Cvr A Jason Howard

TRANSFORMERS #6 Second Printing Cvr B Jason Howard Var

VOID RIVALS #7 Second Printing

COBRA COMMANDER #2 Second Printing

I HEART SKULL-CRUSHER #2 2ND PRINT

2 Likes

Finally get my 2nd prints of T.F. 5&6. I was just about to give up!

1 Like

Oh yeah, definitely picking up a Devastator cover. Love it.

1 Like

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 CHAD HARDIN 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 PEACH MOMOKO VIRGIN 2ND PRINTING 1:25 VARIANT