Ad Overload II

I’m to the point where I can’t even view one of your pages because it’s so frustrating! The page freezes up and has to reload due to “significant memory” and ads overlap on the article. All this is doing, at least from my point of view, is stopping people from enjoying your news and articles and driving them away.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 8.45.56 AM

1 Like

The contract on that ad server ends ant the end of the month and will be switched back over January 1.

2 Likes

Yeah, those little video windows have been a hindrance.

I concur. Little video windows are a pet peeve.

I have tried working with the ad server and they haven’t been very helpful, they were in the beginning. I put in word that I was canceling my service with them at the end of the month. Should take effect tomorrow night or the following.

6 Likes

Ok ads should be changed and they boggy ads that were weighing down the system are gone. May take a little time for them to wear off but they have been removed.

1 Like

I just wanted to jump in here and say, THANKS! The ads now are much more manageable and not invasive.

CHEERS!

2 Likes

Still ironing a few bugs out so please be patient. But I think it is a lot better already

1 Like

Yup, just post any thing out of the ordinary here. Should be pretty limited with inline ads only or the ones that are banners at top of bottom of site when mobile/desktop. No vignette ads (the big ones that take over entire screen to X out of) and zero to little video ads (those are the worst).

Looking good so far

A balance had to be set. I am putting back some ads on the forum and some on the main site but should not be intrusive or ruin the experience.

I’ll say…

2 Likes

Heyoooo!