Ad overload

I love this site and the information it provides but, HOLY CRAP! The ads are overwhelming. They massively slow down everything, overlap onto the content, and are just plain annoying!

4 Likes

It’s worse on the iPhone. At least on the PC I have a big screen and a mouse to click on the “x’s” to get the ads to go away. On my phone, my finger sometimes misses the x and then I have to deal with the ad.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. We are trying out a new ad server. It’s a hard balance to keep the site generating money and user experience. Are you having problems with the ads on the main site or on the forum?

A little bit of both but mainly the main site. It’s pop up after pop up after pop up on the main site.

1 Like

Ads on forum are all misplaced for me now. Shouldn’t place anything above the top banner, just sort of breaks look of site.

I will be meeting with the ad manager to discuss these issues. I need to find out if it is seep through from the previous ads trying to force their way in or the new ads.

1 Like

Yes. Why do they make the x so small!!!

1 Like

On the spoilers posts ive learned to wait a bit before proceeding to the next page. If you click next too early a pop up will appear just before your finger touches the screen.

The popups shouldn’t be there at all.

Are you guys encountering the issue on mobile or desktop?

I am not seeing ads on the forum at all. Is anyone else still seeing them?

I only see the side ads when you’re viewing it on a larger browser screen from a normal computer.

On my normal laptop screen I don’t see any

Might be for certain widths, so if it’s a smaller screen, might not display.

No….and it’s spectacular!!

Not the forum. Thanks for the reply about the issue.

If I don’t open my window enough, this is what it looks like. (I hope this screenshot opens.)

It does. Thanks. So it’s really interfering in smaller windows.

1 Like