After the Marvel phase 4 announcements, what specs died?

I don’t see anything Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers hitting anytime in the near future.

1 Like

Also, an awful lot of varied characters have been discussed in the past months that are specced relative to GOG3 and Thor: Can’t see how they could effectively get them all in and just a brief app won’t do much for values (ala “Star Force”)
Warlock (although I still think this is good to go)
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Nova
Phyla Vel
Moon Dragon
High Evolutionary

No spec is ever truly dead. Even with the lack of surprising news from this years hall H announcements, we must remember that each of the upcoming films could potentially introduce new characters that can lead down new paths. The Infinity Saga was a massive success, in all regards. I don’t expect the MCU to keep climbing, but I do not see it waning either. There is a reason these characters and stories have stood the test of time in print, and I believe, if continued to be done properly by Fiege, that there is no reason to believe that the film version of these characters and stories will fade from the mainstream anytime soon. The MCU has cosmic stories, earthbound stories, they seem to be delving into the horror genre too, adult themed movies, kid friendly movies…
To me, this is just the beginning. You walk down any street, in any city in N.A., on any day and you will see a lot of grown men, little boys and little girls wearing super hero tshirts. The superhero genre has something for everyone. It is all genres.

1 Like

Well said jcLu!
I frankly, am sort of happy when characters/books don’t come to fruition. I have so many books I would like to have in my collection. Not because they are “spec” but because I am a bit of newer collector and I just want to add them. The “spec” scene can make many books completely out of reach on my budget unfortunately.

2 Likes

Don’t forget there is no way Marvel is going to show their entire hand at one event. They gave us the basics for what is to come. I’m sure at the very least a handful of the spec related characters/teams that are being discussed on this thread will make their way to the MCU in the next few years…

Yup… plans can always change or get altered. Nothing is ever truly set in stone!

1 Like