Alana’s Weekend Specs: Sweet Spots

Sell, sell… sell!

3 Likes

I say 100% sell.
Whether they do anything with her or not, is she going to be any bigger than say, Nebula? Or Gamora? Or America?
Danvers? Spectrum? This will be the highpoint of that book imo… regardless of what happens.
Maybe I’ll eat crow down the line, but no way I’m holding these thinking they will be better down the road. Especially not from the way books have been tanking after the initial hype.

3 Likes

Yup listed all my copies.

yes youre right

yes i think youre right.
i try not to play the spec game too seriously because im just not that great at it tbh. one reason being that im always too hesitant to sell. way too prone to “seller’s remorse”, feeling that i cashed in too quickly instead of holding out for further appreciation in value.
so thanks for the reminder on this one.
i got them graded to sell them if/when they went up. now they’ve gone way up → sell.

1 Like

The book is also a top 3 if not the best Stephanie Hans cover so that alone would make me hesitant to sell and I’ve got three of them.

3 Likes

It really is a nice cover!!!
With regards to Stephanie Hans and the possibility of seeing Jane again as a Valkyrie, future spec…this is one of my very favorites…the colors are just beautiful.

2 Likes

Hans is over-rated. Half her covers look phoned in.

Yes yes yes.

Get rid of them. Don’t look back. Maybe keep one just in case it gets hot again….no guarantees.

1 Like

Yeah, too bad you’re on “vacation” from selling… :grin:

1 Like

I’m not One to tell someone how they should feel, but you should NEVER feel bad about making money! :grin:

Buy low sell high walk away a winner.

exactly. and since my brain often loses to my emotions i still need reminders of common axioms now and then. i have a raw copy for my pc anyway so i wont be totally crushed if and when she’s the next miles! :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

if 1st app of singularity was the only thing going for this book then i think it’d be safe to say best route is to sell now and move on. BUT it’s also 1st app of a-force…and 1st issue of a-force, 1st singularity cover, 1:25 hans variant, beautiful cover art, etc.
a-force feels like a no-brainer for eventual mcu adaptation and i think it’d be awesome.
so, when i said just moments ago that i completely agreed with buy low sell high right now and walk away a winner, what i actually meant is i’ll surely hang onto one (maybe both :sweat_smile:).

If you bought them that cheap (as I hope all long time CHU’ers did) then you have money on the table. No shame in cashing in. I do think the ceiling for A-force and Singularity hasn’t been reached but profit is profit!

I actually think the Molina cover is much better than the Hans cover. However Hans is a 1:50 while Molinas a 1:25. A majority of the covers feature Singularity as well, A total of 5 of them. I’m tempted to list my regular cover 9.8 but there listed at like $115 which isn’t enough for me to sell. I have the Dauterman and Young variants as well. I’m on a bit of a selling spree to purchase this beauty. Which I’ve sold about 2/3 of its cost in the last 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Bought this beauty for $180 all total. Also picked up a few of the first appearance Mother Panic ashcans for a nice price. We’ll see what happens in a few years!

Problem is, I am starting to break one of the cardinal rules of flipping. I am falling in love with the FF Annual 5! All those colors and characters… it looks sooooo good. Just a classic style of vintage comic art and color. Sigh. Maybe I need another one to have one to flip and one to keep, lol.

6 Likes

Very nice and a good price.

Nothing wrong with keeping a book for the pc!

Out of all the books Alana went over the FF King size #5 is my favorite. I’m not sure Psycho Man will ever see the light of day in the MCU but if he does, bonus.

Where I think the comic shines is with the first solo Silver Surfer. Long overlooked by many, with Silver Surfer’s first appearance’s and the first issue of his solo series out of reach for most collectors it will just take him finally showing up in the MCU for this comic to become a beast! Low grades are under $50! For budding silver age keys these days that’s pretty darn cheap!

3 Likes

Yeah the Silver Surfer angle is what caught my attention (and money).

1 Like