Alex Trebek

This is sad news. For those who may not know, Alex Trebek died earlier today. Not only was he iconic for decades I never heard a bad thing reported about him. A true class act.

Farewell, Mr. Trebek. You helped make a lot of dumb people a little smarter. You will be missed.

Guaranteed heaven for $1000

4 Likes

Sean Connery within the past week as well. Another class act. I coincidentally was watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when I saw the news of his passing… (If Last Crusade is found while browsing channels, I stop searching when it’s playing)…

2 Likes

That’s very true. Connery was great and will be missed as well! It’s always a bit surreal when someone truly iconic dies.

Alex was handing over the reigns. I think he knew it was coming. But being the class act he was never let on he was suffering.

1 Like

The greatest game show host of all-time.

Who is Alex Trebek.

RIP after a courageous battle. Godspeed.

2 Likes

I saw some great tributes for both Connery and Trebek using the Celebrity Jeopardy spoof on SNL. “We meet again, Trebek”

1 Like

Those were so good!.

1 Like

He was a great host and by all accounts a stellar person. He will be missed.

1 Like

Watching the special on ABC now. Was amazed when he got into Television it and only been around in Canada 9 years!

I forget that people are still with us that can tell us what it was like when television came into the household.

RIP Alex.

3 Likes

Burt Reynolds was the best. Turd Ferguson is still a name I use.

2 Likes

It’s been a name I’ve used in Fantasty Football for years.

1 Like