Amazing Spider-Man #316 CGC 9.8 Newstand

I can’t resist the possibility of getting top dollar for this book after my initial investment in this current seller market so I’m willing to part with this one.

All the direct editions are are around the $500 mark so I figured I’d test the waters with what I think will be the only Newstand edition 9.8 listed on eBay of Amazing Spider-Man #316 CGC 9.8.

@ToddW would appreciate this book I think… :slight_smile:

Of course, any of you CHU members interested I might be willing to come down on the price for…

1 Like

It’s pretty

And that is how you draw Venom. Sinister grin with a normal tongue. :maple_leaf:

Seems like someone from Rockwood Ontario was trying to sell one back in May, June and July…3 sales for the same book. Was asking $749 but were best offers…not sure what happened there.

Yeah, I do admit, they’re getting a little carried away with the tongue nowadays…

I kind of feel the same way about my Batman Beyond #1 in CGC 9.6. Bought for $200, but sales now over $500…

with the 9.8s hitting $1500 only on rumors, my 9.6 may climb to $1000 if movie rumors are substantiated.

Im only holding out because I really don’t have anything I want to turn the profit into at this time…

9.8 newstands? I don’t seem to find any 9.8 newstands that have been sold in the past 90 days…

Seems like there was a lot of 9.6 and lower but all the 9.8 solds have been direct editions… hmmm… maybe I set my price too low then… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be honest, I picked this one up a few years ago for only $175. I just spent $500 in LEGO’s though so I need to replenish the fun money and honestly, I’m good with finding a raw copy for a fraction of the price. I think I might already have a direct edition raw but would have to verify…

Ooooooohh Canada!

Oh, I think my search is limited to US only… that’s why I didn’t show up.

Same seller, all three sales. Same book I believe. Didn’t check the ID, though.

I find good deals in Canada sometimes on eBay.

And I’m pretty sure they still ship faster than Midtown :wink:

My copy is raw, and has off-white pages. It’s not 9.8 but it’s a pretty clean copy and good enough for me. Even if it’s a direct copy.

I put in in one of those comic skins…gives it the protection and look of a slab, but Access to flip through it if I want to.

I’ve been reading about eBay shenanigans just like that, Drog. Where a seller seems to have several sales of the exact same book, same CGC number and all, then has talked up said books to then sell at the artificial inflated price. The name I’ve heard is something to the effect of Mr. Short/ Long, or something like that. Been caught and changed sellers name on eBay to try and elude the people who see through his obvious market manipulation.

Cant you check to see what former alias’s a current user has had? Or does this person start over from 0?

This particular seller just changed his seller name. Everything else remained, including his followers, who were then quick to point out that they then knew the guilty seller was ‘on the run’, so to speak.

My last midtown came bent in half even with the shipper Batman #92 Artgerm and LOS#6 1st gold lantern both pretty jacked. Hopefully that means good luck with my next orders that are way more important

That sounds like it happened during transit… I never fault a retailer for what happens when it happens after it leaves their hands but I will fault them in how they respond and take care of the customer. Its still their responsibility to get the product to the buyer in the expected condition they bought it in.

And it’s…

sold

I was kind of sad but then I saw my paypal :fire: explode :fire: with :dollar: :heavy_dollar_sign: :moneybag: :dollar: :heavy_dollar_sign: :moneybag: :dollar: :heavy_dollar_sign: :moneybag: :dollar: :heavy_dollar_sign: :moneybag: :dollar: :heavy_dollar_sign: :moneybag: so then my face turned :money_mouth_face: and I was not so sad anymore…

2 Likes