Amazing Spider-man #88 - Queen Goblin

Wow, I can’t believe they charged you $10 on day of release. That’s some shady stuff!!!

3 Likes

$10 on day of release is no bueno.

If you’re into cover price or below on New Comic Book Day (heck, even long after) and fast and secure shipping, come check us out: DarkDominionComics.com
Faele at VillainGaming.com really is very good too.

Either way, I hope you find an online shop you really enjoy. Cheers!

4 Likes

Yes to these people… they hang out here and are still smallish so customer service/packing is their top priority to make/retain customers, happy customers.

I use to do all my orders at Midtown long ago but then switched to TFAW. I just like their ordering system and pre-order options much better. The downside now is, they keep getting hit with woes that has delayed shipping, etc. So if you don’t care about potential delays in getting your books, good place to order and they also price ratios (if you can nab them) for reasonable prices, never jacking up to secondary market prices.

Midtown would be my next choice out of the big two.

MCS (MyComicShop) is better now but I’m bias and they screwed me over long ago so they won’t ever get a penny from me again.

I’ve ordered from GrahamCrackers as well but they’re hit or miss and I don’t like their website ordering.

MileHigh just avoid, their website is running out of 1995 and likely all your information is going to get stolen in transit.

5 Likes

I was going to add @agentpoyo gives MCS his full endorsement…

$10….I think that may be more than the eBay going rate…disgusting.

I will say my shop at opening had only one cover A copy on the shelf…and they are not to play the spec game so I think they under ordered or people called in prior wanting to hold a copy…

2 Likes

Its also really bad if they did this without telling the customer there was a markup.

4 Likes

Even more so if it was freely displayed on the shelf with nothing advertising it was a markup. Fraud comes to mind…

4 Likes

First, thank you all for the advice! Looks like I’ve got plenty of options to sort through.

Second, it wasn’t all on the shop. They did have a price sticker on the bag. I’ve just never been in this situation, so I didn’t think it was even something I needed to be aware of. You know how it is…you already know what you want to get when you go in there. I saw the art and just grabbed it without looking. It wasn’t until I got home that I noticed the price tag. Lesson learned!

Again, thank you all for the help. Sorry if I’ve kinda gone off topic in this thread, let’s get back to it!

3 Likes